1. Online application is now open
We are now accepting applications for next September. The deadline for current high school students is February 28, 2018. Encourage your students to apply as soon as possible. www.uvic.ca/apply
2. Self-reporting opens February 15, 2018
We would like to remind all current grade 12 students completing a Canadian high school curriculum or a full IB diploma at a school in Canada must self-report their grades between February 15 and March 31, 2018. www.uvic.ca/self-reporting The link for students to self-report will be available on the application portal beginning February 15, 2018.
3. English language proficiency deadlines
All applicants to UVic (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate English language proficiency prior to admission. www.uvic.ca/elr
Deadlines to submit proof of English language proficiency are:
· Gustavson School of Business (commerce) – March 15, 2018
· All other faculties and programs – May 1, 2018
Students are reminded that applications will not be processed until proof of language proficiency has been confirmed. They are encouraged to submit documentation as soon as possible.
4. Student Mailing List
Prospective students are encouraged to sign up for our mailing list to receive notifications regarding upcoming recruitment events and activities, school visits and timely reminders during key phases of the application/admission process. Please encourage your students who are interested in UVic to sign up as soon as possible at www.uvic.ca/connect.
5. Ways to Connect
UVic offers several ways for high school students to connect with the campus, staff and current UVic students.
· MyUVic Life student blog – a popular blog (almost 2 million hits) written by current UVic students for students. Your students are sure to find some interesting and relatable stories to help them to learn more about the university from a student perspective. Visit www.uvic.ca/myuviclife for a glimpse of what it’s really like to be a Vike from one of our undergraduate bloggers!
· My First Year @ UVic Facebook group – a space for students to ask UVic questions and chat with other prospective, incoming and current students now, and throughout their time at UVic. www.facebook.com/groups/103233444672/
· MyUVic Twitter – A perfect communication tool for you and your students to get quick responses to your questions. As we say in Student Recruitment, “We’re only a tweet away!” www.twitter.com/MyUVic
· UVic Virtual Tour – Can’t make it to campus for a tour? No problem. Students can take an online virtual tour. This is a great way to experience UVic’s campus from your desktop or mobile device. UVic students will guide you through the places they live and learn, including popular spaces, buildings and faculties. There are 16 stops, each with 360° panoramas, videos and photos. See UVic like you’ve never seen it before! www.uvic.ca/virtualtour