The LV Rogers Graduation Cavalcade is a special event and considered a parade. The Nelson Police Department has the following expectations and is willing to make the following concessions:
1. The Cavalcade will be kept at low speeds and will not exceed 20 km. per hour. It will be lead by a Nelson Police Vehicle and it is expected that all vehicles will keep up and not allow lagging behind and speeding to catch up. Any vehicles found stunting or speeding will be taken out of the procession.
2. To prevent accidents due to distractions, it is preferred to have a "non grad" driving the vehicle.
3. For this event only, drivers with an "N" designation can over passenger.
4. Those seated in the vehicle will use seatbelts, however for the parade route only, those seated on the back deck of a convertible or in the box of a pickup will not be required to. No sitting on door window openings.
· 5. If a pickup truck is used, it is the responsibility of the driver to ensure the truck is driven safely and that no one hangs over the side or stands up. Grads are to be seated in a solid picnic table that is secured in the box.
6. No oversized vehicles, semi-trucks, and or trailers will be permitted.
7. Graduates will not be allowed to be seated in trailers, boats, or any other towed vehicles.
8. No uninsured vehicles, or vehicles such as ATV's, Quads, GoCarts, etc will be used.
9. If motorcycles are used, the driver and passenger must wear helmets.
10. If bicycles are used, riders must wear helmets to and from the event but not during.
11. No skateboards or rollerblades.
12. No throwing items (e.g. candy, confetti).
All vehicles will be driven in a responsible manner. There will be no tolerance for racing vehicles or squealing tires. Any vehicles caught racing or squealing tires or any other like behaviour will be pulled from the Cavalcade. Please be aware that this is a special event and there are liability issues. LV Rogers High School is required to have liability insurance for the duration of the Cavalcade. The Nelson Police Department would like the event to be a safe and enjoyable event for all participants and spectators, so common sense is expected to prevail.
To sign up for the grad email list to receive important information, click on the "Grad Email List Serve" link below