This is a very important heads-up to everyone involved, in one form or another, to the Grad. Talent Show on April 13th.
The first rehearsal is scheduled for - Thurs. March 31, 3:30, in the Band Room.
The second rehearsal is scheduled for - Thurs. April 7, 3:30, in the Band Room.
The technical dress rehearsal is during the day of the show, on April 13, starting at 10:00 am.at the Capital Theatre.( More details to follow ) Some students will be required to attend all day, the stage managers, for example.
Please inform Victoria Hayes if you have any concerns. See you all on March 31 ! Have a great Spring Break.
Cindy Sherry, Parent Coordinator.
PSI Form *important reminder!
Please ensure that you have filled out a PSI Form. Many PSI's require this form to be completed in order to access interim and final grades for current Grade 12 students.
Any of you attending University of Victoria? Here are few updates from the school:
1. Undergraduate application deadline – February 28, 2016
2. Supplementary application materials update
3. Mandatory self-reporting is now open
5. New deadline for distributed learning course grades: May 31, 2016
Any of you attending SFU.
We have begun to make conditional offers of admission and scholarship for Fall 2016 based on self-reported grades for BC/Yukon students and official interim transcripts for grade 12 applicants from other provinces and territories.
All applicants must present a language 11 mark to meet admission requirements. Beginner’s languages, online courses, language challenge exams and language 12 marks may be used to satisfy this requirement.
We are planning some fun and informative events which your students may want to attend.
Student Recruiter | Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive | Burnaby, BC Canada V5A 1S6
Phone: 778.782.5334 Fax: 778.782.5399
Interested in Langara College?
May 31, 2016
Deadline for receipt of interim transcript.
(NOTE: students who have not completed the PSI form must submit an official paper interim transcript by mail or in person.)
Jul. 31, 2016
Secondary School Transcript deadline. All students who did not complete the PSI form must provide Langara with an official BC Ministry of Education final transcript indicating graduation.
Sept. 6, 2016
First day of classes for Fall 2016.
1. We still need Grand March committee volunteers.
2. Coupon books cancelled due to lack of businesses. Grad fees are set at $160.00. Please pay the office. (If you have volunteer credits, the office will know the discounted amounts by Monday, February 15th.)
3. Grocery gift cards on sale now. Orders due in office by Feb. 15th.
4. Looking for a Grade 11 parent interested in coordinating the Grade 11 parent volunteers on Grad weekend. They can contact anyone from the Grad Parent Executive if they are interested.
5. Thank you to all who participated in the Burger & Beverage last Sunday. We made $3000.00!! Thanks to all the businesses that donated items as well.
6. Next big fundraiser will be Ford Drive 4UR community coming up in April - details to follow shortly.
7. Talent show is April 7th at the Capitol Theatre. Auditions are being held this week if any students are interested in taking part.
8. FYI, the special grad edition of the yearbook is complimentary courtesy of your Grad Committee.
Next grad committee meeting is March 10th at 7:00 pm
(LVR multipurpose room). Come and get involved!
2016 Grad Fees
Friday night (Cap & Gown) $45
Saturday (Grand March, Cavalcade, Prom) $115
These fees both INCLUDE the Photography sitting fee with Grads BC.
Anyone who volunteered for a bake sale shift, or sold grocery gift cards in December will be receiving some credits towards your Grad Fees - please ask at the office.
Deadline for payment is April 8th, 2016.
Note: Grads will receive a complimentary grad edition yearbook. This will include photos from grad events, and arrive the end of June.
Dear Parents and Guardians of the Graduating Candidates of 2016
The graduation ceremonies at L.V. Rogers Secondary School take place June 10, 2016 for cap and gown ceremonies and June 11, 2016 for Grand March, Cavalcade and Prom. Traditionally, LVR grad would occur the first Friday/Saturday of June which would be June 3/4; however this year the BC Provincial Championships for girls' soccer, rugby and track & field all fall on that weekend and we could force many of our grads to choose between two very important events so we have moved our events to June 10/11. I hope that having our graduation ceremonies on June 10th/11th does not cause you undue inconvenience.
To sign up for the grad email list to receive important information, click on the "Grad Email List Serve" link below