Thursday, April 28th
Block order: 4433
1. Any students interested in tutoring a Trafalgar student, please see Mr. Cross
2. Attention Girls Field Hockey Players: Bruce Walgren will be running field hockey mini-camps in the Trafalgar Gym every Monday evening from 6:00 to 7:30. These sessions will be open to any LVR or Trafalgar girls interested in field hockey
3. Digital film camp at Selkirk college. This is for youth ages 6 to 18 so if you have any siblings that may be interested let them know as well. For more info call 250-551-1711, If you want to register, head down to the kootenay school of the arts and register in person or by calling 250-352-2821.
4. The Nelson Public Library is hosting a poetry workshop for teens (ages 12-19) May 5th, 3:30-5pm. Local writer Rayya Liebich will be teaching the free workshop so come all! There is no need to register. Join us for an afternoon that includes snacks, creativity and poetry.
Big news! Did you know that Area E students can now get a free library card? It is true! Come on in to the library and we will hook you up with the new Student Access card. Any questions contact Melodie Rae firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Interested in a unique leadership opportunity next month? Apply to participate in two day Youth Action Summit in Kimberley, all expenses paid.
Contact Christine Vanlerberg at NCSC or see the counsellors for application form.
6. Grade 11 students who are going to "Selkirk Day" on May 19th, make sure to get your forms in to your teacher today.
7. The LVR Dance Department is desperately seeking the following items for costuming. These borrowed items would be well taken care of until they are returned at the end of May.
Karate or taekwondo uniforms/dobok's . We need 11, and we have one at this point. They are also looking for Glow in the dark light sabers. We are in search of both blue and red.
If you have these items, and are willing to loan them to the LVR Dance Department, please see Ms. MacMillan in the theatre asap.
8. Robin Higgins of Selkirk College is here to meet with students today and help with scheduling, registrations or general questions; remember your appointment time and bring your Selkirk student number if you have one, see sign up sheet in counselling.