Wednesday, May 18th
Block order: 3344
1. All boys going on the Camp Koolaree Trip please hand in your trip notification form to Ms. Hewson in room 202 by Tomorrow!
2. Capture the flag will be held on the top field today and next Wednesday the 25th. Games start at the beginning of lunch, no sign up needed just bring yourself and some friends!
3. Are you a girl in grade 9 or 12 and interested in an outdoor activity with other girls? See Ms. Terlingen Tomorrow at lunch to sign up for an outdoor rock climb and year in review activity.
4. There will be an important global perspectives meeting this Friday at lunch in Mr. Studer's room. Please bring your lunch.
5. There will be a one day Emergency First Aid course customized for adventurous youth in Nelson on Monday, May 30 (Pro-D). This Canadian Red Cross course is recognized across the country and includes CPR-A, certification is good for three years. The focus is on injury prevention and being prepared to act if something goes wrong. Cost is $105 and includes a full colour book and all materials. For more information or to register contact Darcey Lutz: email@example.com.
6. Grads of 2016: It is time to nominate a member from your class to be valedictorian. The valedictorian traditionally excels in academics, participates extensively in extracurricular activities including service and athletics and is an all-around excellent representative of the school and the graduating class. The valedictorian gives the closing or farewell speech at the Cap and Gown event. Please pick up a nomination form from Mr. Huttemann and encourage participation.
7. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open today from 10:45 to 12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and provide mental health support.
8. Grand march tickets are available to purchase today and tomorrow at Lunch and After school In the Multi-Purpose room. Grad fees must be paid before grads can purchase Grand March tickets. Each grad receives 2 free tickets, and can purchase 4 more tickets for $10.00 each. You cannot reserve tickets, you must pay for your additional tickets on these dates.
There will be an opportunity to purchase additional tickets after each grad has had the chance to book their first 6 seats. The next selling date will be announced soon.
9. If you are interested in joining a fundraiser to help the Malala fund come talk to Ms. Hewson or Andriana Bergman. The event is a walk, bike, run on May 28th. If you do not want to join the event you can still donate, 2 dollars goes a long way! All the funds will be going towards the Malala fund to educate girls in Pakistan.
10. Grads-please note that the 2016 Graduation Ceremony "Say Somethings" are now available online. Go to our LVR website under Grad Bulletin to find the online form. Say Somethings are what will be said about you as you cross the stage at the 2016 Commencement Ceremony. For more information, or to pick up a paper copy, see Ms. Malloff. Due date for Say Somethings is Friday.
11. There will be free tutoring at the NDYC from 4:00pm to 6:00pm, for the next 5 weeks. Tutoring will mainly include math but can also include French and intro Physics. Students who would like to attend must bring their own material. For more info and to apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org please include what area you need help in.
12. Grad 2016 Burger and Beverage Fundraiser at Finleys on Thursday, May 19, 6-8pm. Come and enjoy a burger and a beverage for $15 and support the Grad class!