Wednesday, June 1
1. The STORM is approaching! It is that time of year again where the rec leadership class challenges you and your friends to the ultimate team work challenge. Sign up with 6 of your friends to compete against your peers in a race that will test your group. There are prizes to be won!! Storm will be happening on Wednesday June 1st so sign up now on the trophy case. there is limited space and no drop-ins!
2. Attention all grads: if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let Lorie know in the office by this Friday, June 3rd. This list will be sent to the Prestige Inn and they can tailor the menu to be inclusive of these restrictions.
4. Girls involved in the rock climbing day next week, please return your forms to Ms. Terlingen to secure your spot!
5. Mount Sentinel and LV Rogers proudly present a night of digital Art and film making! Did you know that we have a 3D printer? Did you know that we have robotics equipment? Did you know that we have some amazing digital artists and photographers. Come and check it all out on June 7th in the multipurpose room from 6-8.
6. All students interested in or who have signed up for AP English 11 should come to room 309 FRIDAY at lunch for a brief information session.
7 .Whomever walked off with the rubix cube from the library....would you kindly return it so everyone can enjoy the frustration of trying to solve it? Very much appreciated!
8. The LVR Class of 2016 is building a time capsule that will be opened at a class reunion 10 or more years from now. Each grad is invited to contribute something that is meaningful to them - a photo, a story, or some small thing that is about living in Nelson in 2016 and will be fun to look back on years from now. Bring your contribution to the Prom - there will be tables set up in the hallway as you enter where we will display all the contributions. The contributions can be funny, but to be included they must be respectful and appropriate. You will not get your contribution back - the time capsule will be sealed at the end of grad and not opened for at least 10 years. We are also making a memory book. During the Prom, each grad can take a few minutes to complete a page that will be included in the book. The pages will be available at one of the tables in the hallway. At the end of the Prom, the memory book will be put into the time capsule. So start thinking of some really creative things to contribute to the time capsule!!
9. Mrs. Morrison's PE 10 class -- we will be meeting at Lakeside Park dock at 12:45 for paddle boarding on WED, that's today.
10. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open today from 10:45 -12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and provide mental health support. Please see Robin in the counselling area if you'd like to make an appointment.
11. Reminder to students with pieces of photography, digital art or film in the digital art showcase on June 7th if you did not get your photo taken yesterday you need to see Jones by lunch today. Please and thank you