Tuesday, May 3rd
Block order: 4321
1. Reminder to LVTV cast and crew that May's signup sheet is posted on the control room door.
2. Paddlers needed to represent the Kootenays at the BC Summer Games for Canoe Kayak in Abbotsford July 21 - 24. Athletes must be born in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2004 to participate. For more information check us out on Facebook at Nelson Kayak & Canoe Club Sprint team!
3. Attention all Basketball players. Thursday evening drop-in basketball is no longer taking place.
4. The Nelson Public Library is hosting a poetry workshop for teens (ages 12-19) on May 5th from 3:30 to 5:00pm. Local writer Rayya Liebich will be teaching the free workshop. There is no need to register. Join us for an afternoon that includes snacks, creativity and poetry.
Big news! Did you know that Area E students can now get a free library card? It is true! Come on in to the library and we will hook you up with the new Student Access card. Any questions contact Melodie Rae firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The LVR and Trafalgar concert bands are playing this Friday at 7:30pm in the gym. They have worked hard on their pieces that have been polished since returning from their tours in Whistler and Sun Peaks. Proceeds from the concert will help to replace instruments - some of which have not been replaced in years! Tickets can be bought from the school office, band students or at the door. The youth orchestra from Victoria are also playing, making for an amazing evening of music from talented young people.
6. The Grad Class of 2016 is having their last grocery card fundraiser of the year right now. Every dollar you spend you get back in grocery cards, so it costs you nothing but raises a lot money! Please help us out and order grocery cards - we have them for Save-On-Foods, Safeway, and the Kootenay Co-op. You can download the order form from the LVR website, order from the students, or pick up a form in the LVR office.
7.This Friday May 6th the Nelson Youth Center will be hosting a skate board competition in honor of BC's youth week. It runs from 4-9 Pm and is open to anyone 12 and up! There will be food and live DJ and dancing. This is a free event so come support your youth! "
8. The Medical practitioner will not be here this Wednesday. She will be back again on May 18th. Robin in the counselling area will take appointments for that date now.
9. Selfie challenge! Which grade will send the most selfies to the yearbook club? Don't let the other grades beat you - get your friends together and take some pics! Send them to email@example.com or to Ryan Cavicchi on Facebook.
10. Grads-please note that the 2016 Graduation Ceremony "Say Somethings" are now available online. Go to our LVR website under Grad Bulletin to find the online form.Say Somethings are what will be said about you as you cross the stage at the 2016 Commencement Ceremony. For more information, or to pick up a paper copy, see Ms. Malloff. Due date for Say Somethings is Friday, May 20th.
11. Any students who are writing AP (Advanced Placement) Exams, please Make sure you are on time for your exam today!