Tuesday, May 24th
Block order: 2143
1. Grads who sold grocery gift cards for the fundraiser, please don't forget to pick them up in the office.
2. You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to have your voice heard on Canada's plan to tackle the climate crisis. The Kootenay-Columbia MP, Wayne Stetski, has announced a Climate Action Town Hall in Nelson tomorrow from 6:30 to 9:00pm at the Prestige Lakeside Hotel. This town hall will collect our community's input for Canada's climate plan.
3. The Global Perspectives class will be hosting a dinner where the proceeds go towards an impoverished village in Kenya. This dinner will be at the Rod N Gun club on Saturday May 28 starting at 6 pm. they are looking for any volunteers willing to help with things like cleaning up. If you would like to help out with this event please contact Hailey Poznikoff
4. Congratulations to all of the students who performed at Movement 2016 on Friday night! It was an incredible show. The theatre was completely sold out. Many thanks also to all of the staff who came to help out to support the dancers. A reminder to turn all costume items in as soon as possible.
DVD's and photos can be ordered until Friday. Order forms are in the theatre foyer.
5. Reminder to Grade 12s that there is a Grad Assembly this morning in the Gym at 11:10 am. We'll be talking about the Cap and Gown Ceremony, "Say Somethings" and more, including updates on Cavalcade and Saturday activities from the NPD and Grad Committee.
6. Attention all Dance Company members: your OTT class on Thursday is from 3:30 to 5:00.
7. Kootenay Kids is looking for a summer student, come find out more about this job opportunity in the counselling area.
8. The People's Climate Plan is bringing citizens together across Canada to speak together for science, green jobs and a just future. Want to learn what to include when you speak or write? Come to the pre-town hall community workshop hosted by the EcoSociety and friends today at 5:30 to 8:00pm at the Nelson United Church.
9. If you are interested in joining a fundraiser to help the Malala fund come talk to Ms. Hewson or Andriana Bergman. The event is a walk, bike, run on May 28th. If you do not want to join the event you can still donate, 2 dollars goes a long way! All the funds will be going towards the Malala fund to educate girls in Pakistan.
10. There will be free tutoring at the NDYC from 4:00pm to 6:00pm, for the next 5 weeks. Tutoring will mainly include math but can also include French and intro Physics. Students who would like to attend must bring their own material. For more info and to apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org please include what area you need help in.
11. There will be a one day Emergency First Aid course customized for adventurous youth in Nelson on Monday, May 30 (Pro-D). This Canadian Red Cross course is recognized across the country and includes CPR-A, certification is good for three years. The focus is on injury prevention and being prepared to act if something goes wrong. Cost is $105 and includes a full colour book and all materials. For more information or to register contact Darcey Lutz at email@example.com for more info.