Tuesday, May 17th
Block order: 3412
1. All boys going on the camp koolaree Trip please hand in your trip notification form to Ms. Hewson in room 202 by Thursday!
2. Capture the flag will be held on the top field this Wednesday the 18th and next Wednesday the 25th. Games start at the beginning of lunch, no sign up needed just bring yourself and some friends!
3. Are you in grade 10 or 11 and interested in young women's leadership or mentorship activities for next year? Join this month's girls day out, see Ms. Terlingen Thursday at lunch to sign up for an outdoor rock team experience.
4. Attention all dance students, stay tuned for the following announcements: Dance students in Block 4 are reminded to help load items onto the bus at 10am this morning, Dance students in Block 1 are reminded to get on the bus today at 12:25 in the parking lot And all dance Academy students in Block 2 are reminded to get on the bus at 1:50 in the parking lot.
5. There will be a one day Emergency First Aid course customized for adventurous youth in Nelson on Monday, May 30 (Pro-D). This Canadian Red Cross course is recognized across the country and includes CPR-A, certification is good for three years. The focus is on injury prevention and being prepared to act if something goes wrong. Cost is $105 and includes a full colour book and all materials. For more information or to register contact Darcey Lutz: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Grads of 2016: It is time to nominate a member from your class to be valedictorian. The valedictorian traditionally excels in academics, participates extensively in extracurricular activities including service and athletics and is an all-around excellent representative of the school and the graduating class. The valedictorian gives the closing or farewell speech at the Cap and Gown event. Please pick up a nomination form from Mr. Huttemann and encourage participation.
7. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open tomorrow from 10:45 to 12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and provide mental health support.
8. Grand march tickets are available to purchase on May 18th and 19th at Lunch and After school In the Multi Purpose room. Grad fees must be paid before grads can purchase Grand March tickets. Each grad receives 2 free tickets, and can purchase 4 more tickets for $10.00 each. You cannot reserve tickets, you must pay for your additional tickets on these dates.
There will be an opportunity to purchase additional tickets after each grad has had the chance to book their first 6 seats. The next selling date will be announced soon.
9. L.V. Bombers girls soccer took the first step to qualifying for the BC high school provincials in a big way. Paced by a six goal performance from striker Naomi Perkins the bombers scored early and often as they dismantled Trail's JL Crowe Hawks 8-0. Ally Zondervan and Emily Taylor added goals while keeper Hannah Quinn picked up the shutout. Midfielder Emma Wheeldon and winger Taylor Zimmer orchestrated LV's dominating attack with a steady supply of well placed through balls. It was an outstanding team performance! The Bombers face David Thompson from Inveremere in today's final with the winner earning the right to represent the Kootenay Zone at the provincials June 1-4 in Cambpell River.
10. Grads-please note that the 2016 Graduation Ceremony "Say Somethings" are now available online. Go to our LVR website under Grad Bulletin to find the online form.Say Somethings are what will be said about you as you cross the stage at the 2016 Commencement Ceremony. For more information, or to pick up a paper copy, see Ms. Malloff. Due date for Say Somethings is Friday.