Thursday, June 2nd
Block rotation: 2211
1. Grads: BC Transit is offering 2-day bus passes for grads on behalf of the RDBK, RDCK and the City of Nelson. The passes are available at the front counter and instructions are right on the passes. Safe travelling!
2. Attention all grads: if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let Lorie know in the office by tomorrow. This list will be sent to the Prestige Inn and they can tailor the menu to be inclusive of these restrictions.
4. Girls involved in the rock climbing day next week, please return your forms to Ms. Terlingen to secure your spot!
5. Get your entries in for the library reading contest. You could win giftcards from many places including Otter Books and the deadline is June 10th. To enter pick a category from the jar in the library, read a book from that genre, and enter your name in to win sweet stuff!
6. Mount Sentinel and LV Rogers proudly present a night of digitial Art and film making! Did you know that we have a 3D printer? Did you know that we have robotics equipment? Did you know that we have some amazing digital artists and photographers. Come and check it all out on June 7th in the mulitpurpose room from 6-8.
7. All students interested in or who have signed up for AP English 11 should come to room 309 tomorrow at lunch for a brief information session.
8 .Whomever walked off with the rubics cube from the library... would you kindly return it so everyone can enjoy the frustration of trying to solve it? Very much appreciated!
9.The grad class of 2016 is building a time capsule that will be opened at a class reunion in the future. Bring your contributions to Prom, everything must be respectful and appropraite. Please note that you will not be getting your contribution back. The grad class is also making a memory book. Take a few minutes to complete a page, the book will be available in the hallway at Prom.
10. The Janice Lee Blue Wave Bursary honours the legacy of Janice Lee, an 18-year-old who struggled with depression and anxiety for six years and took her own life in 2006. The following year, Blue Wave was created by her family to help break the silence around mental illness in teens and to provide prevention support. This year there will be three awards of $750 each. Deadline is June 6th, 2016 - nominate someone you know by visiting www.bluewavebc.ca.
11. Would the grads involved in singing Oh Canada at the cap and gown ceremony please see Mr. Huttemann at break this morning.
12. Reminder to students with pieces of photography digital art or film in the digital art showcase on June 7th if you did not get your photo taken yesterday you need to see Jones by lunch today. Please and thank you
13. A reminder to all LVTV cast and crew that the Job list for june has been posted, first come first serve.