Friday, September 30th
Block rotation: 4321
1. Attention all Ab Ed students! On Monday afternoon, Toni will be taking willing participants down to Lakeside Park to try Atal Atal. This is an Indigenous hunting practice estimated to be 17,000 years old. Atal Atal was used to maximize a hunter's spear-throwing distance. If you are interested in being introduced to this ancient hunting technique, please see Toni in room 202 TODAY to sign up. Students must sign up today in order to give teachers ample notice of their absence next week.
2. Anyone who didn't get a JUNE 2015 yearbook but wishes they had, we have a few left for a cut rate of $20.00. This is NOT the June 2016 yearbook! Please see Lorie in the office.
3. As requested, we will have a third bullet journal session today at lunch in room 309. The session is open to anyone interested in organizing their lives - even if you didn't come to the first two sessions, come check it out and we will help you get started.
4. Student photo packages were delivered to your Block 1 classrooms Thursday afternoon. Please ensure you get them from your Block 1 teacher ASAP! Deadline for ordering is Monday, October 3rd. You can order directly online with instructions in the package.
5. Global Perspectives & Social Justice students please meet after school in the library
6. Reminder to those International Students who signed up to go zip lining tomorrow: Please Bring warm layers, raingear, lots of food and water, good shoes/hiking boots AND fun things to do-soccer ball, playing cards, games, etc. They pick up at Central School at 10:30am and drop off at 6pm. The list of groups going is on Tanis' door in the International Office.
7. LVR students are you interested in making a difference for the elderly in our community? Sign up with the NELSON HOSPICE SOCIETY for a WORK-A-THON on Saturday October 15 from 10 am to 3 pm . Register on their website, or find more information on the service board in counselling.
8. LVR is looking for some student ambassadors to support and mentor new students to LVR, starting this week! To volunteer as an ambassador, please see counselors for an application, they are looking for compassionate, caring and thoughtful LVR citizens.
9. If you are interested in joining the student council, come to the open meeting after school on Monday October 3rd in the multi-purpose room. the meeting will be a brainstorming session and will last about 1h. Anyone wanting to strengthen communication between teacher and students our have ideas on how to improve our school should definitely come!
10. As part of Culture Days, the Nelson Library is putting on a creative writing session for teens. Come learn from writer Rayya Liebich how to write nature poetry! This will be the first session of the newly formed Creative Writing Group. All teens, all writing levels welcome! Snacks provided! Friday, September 30th, 3:30-5 pm. Contact Teen Librarian Melodie Rae email@example.com.
11. Grade 12 students signed up for Grad transitions out of the timetable with last names M-Z- please meet today at 11:40 in the library for your first session. If you are in French immersion or ATLAs this meeting does not apply to you.