Wednesday, September 28th
Block rotation: 4433
1. Grads with last name A to L, the lunch meeting for GT 12 for Thursday is being rescheduled. Grads, please come to an alternate meeting time either an afterschool meeting in the library from 3:20 to 3:50 tomorrow OR a lunch meeting in the multipurpose room on Friday 11:40 to 12:20 you must attend to begin the course.
2. Anyone who didn't get a 2015 yearbook but wishes they had, we have a few left for a cut rate of $20.00. Please see Lorie in the office.
3. As requested, we will have a third bullet journal session this Friday at lunch in Ms. Kroker's room #309. The session is open to anyone interested in organizing their lives - even if you didn't come to the first two sessions, come check it out and we will help you get started.
4. A reminder that Friday, September 30th, is Orange Shirt Day. Please wear an orange shirt to remember the experiences of former students of Indian Residential Schools. This annual day is a commitment to ongoing reconciliation in Canada. For more information, please see the posters around the school.
5. Are you a new student to LVR this year? Please join us for a "New Student Welcome Barbeque" in the courtyard this Thursday after the Terry Fox Run. Rec Leadership and Boys/Girls Leadership groups will be on hand to welcome you!
6. All International students: Please come to room 200 at lunch today. The new students will get a chance to meet the old students. : We will play some games and share some pizza.
7. Debate Club meeting will be held today at 11:45 in Room 102. All grades welcome!
8. The medical practitioner will be here Today from 10:45-12:15. If you'd like to make a confidential appointment please see Robin Sheppard in the counselling area.
9. Boys soccer players will need to head to the bus during morning break this morning. The bus will be leaving at 10:20 for Cranbrook where they will play 2 games one against Invermere and one against Cranbrook.
10. If you are interested in joining the student council, come to the open meeting after school on Oct. 3rd in the multi-purpose room. the meeting will be a brainstorming session and will last about 1h. Anyone wanting to strengthen communication between teacher and students or have ideas on how to improve our school should definitely come!
11. This is the last week for students and staff to put their favourite summer read into the library draw. three winners will be drawn this Friday on Lvtv.
12. Are you hoping to strengthen your application for jobs, scholarships, college or university? Enthusiastic about building connections with peers, youth leaders and community members? The Rotary Youth Leadership Association is hosting a workshop from 12:30 p.m. on Friday, November 11 through 4:00 p.m. (MST) Sunday November 13. Activities, learning sessions and amazing meals will be hosted at the beautiful and sustainably built Crawford Bay School. Please pick up applications from the Counselling Office if interested.