Tuesday, October 4th
Block rotation: 1234
1. Grads and grade 11's..Are you interested in finding more information on taking the next step to college and University? It's not so daunting, so come out to BC Colleges and University night on Wednesday October 19th from 7- 8:30 pm in the gym. Bring your parents to this informative evening where admissions officers will answer questions on programs campus living, housing, applications and entrance scholarships. See counsellors for any details.
2. Deadline for photos has been extended to Friday, Oct. 7th, which is also retake day! If you want retakes, please pick up a form in the office. Note that pre-payment is required for retakes.
3. LVR students are you interested in making a difference for the elderly in our community? Sign up with the NELSON HOSPICE SOCIETY for a WORK-A-THON on Saturday October 15 from 10 am to 3 pm . Register on their website, or find more information on the service board in counselling.
4. All Grade 12 students interested in applying for the Loran scholarship direct pool. Please send an email to Mr. Machado and Mrs. Malloff briefly explaining why you have the qualities of a Loran scholar. Deadline is tomorrow.
5. Students who would be interested in a unique training for youth about healthy relationships, please see Ms. Terlingen. This two day program would be offered at LVR this month.
6. The first fundraiser is now on. Presale grocery gift cards to help finance your graduation festivities (for example the prom). Order forms will be available at the office or download from the Grad section on the LVR school webpage. Local grocery stores provide a percentage discount based on total sales at no extra cost. Supports can purchase a $25 gift card for $25. Order forms and all money are due to the office by 3:00 pm on Tuesday October 18. Late orders will not be accepted. Please note this is a presale and money must accompany the order forms.
7. Teen Time at the Nelson Library! This Thursday from 3:30-4:30 Make a Magic 8 Ball. Free drop-in. Supplies and snacks provided.
8. This week at the nelson civic theater: Tonight Snowden plays at 7:00 followed by Hell or High Water at 9:30. On Thursday Violent is playing at 7:30. The Schedule for the rest of the week is soon to come so stay tuned for that.