Wednesday, October 26th
Block rotation: 4433
1. All students interested in playing baseball for the bombers this spring, please attend a meeting on Friday at 11:45 in Room 211.
2. Last night LVR hosted the East/West Zone Championship Cross Country Races. The LVR senior girls won the team title for the east/west Championships. Julia Burkart was the overall gold medallist. The other team members were Emily Taylor, Mikyla Bergman, Bethany Pardoe and Gretchen Lewandowski. In the senior boys race Keiran Marchand was 2nd overall. These runners will head to Penticton for the Provincial Race in November.
3. Attention all grade 9s: a consent package will go home with you soon. Everyone in grade 9 must return a consent form indicating your choices EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE VACCINATED. Please fill the information out with your parents and return to the school office. A vaccination date will announced soon.
4. A free all ages event in Nelson called Green Halloween will take place from 3:30-4:30 pm on October 31st at the Hall Street "Plaza". Come in costume to this event and share your characters' fears and hopes for the future in A Council of All Beings ceremony. There will also be mural-making and photo/video opportunities. it is being organized by a group of friends as part of the Women's Global Call for Climate Justice's 10 days of mobilization in the lead up to COP22 in November
5. Grade 12's interested in volunteering? Madelyn MacKay with Kootenay Society for Lifelong Learning and Nelson District's Women's Center is looking for students to volunteer from 3:00 to 4:30 on Monday at the Hall Street Plaza a unique event blending Halloween and climate justice. See the information posted in the counselling area.
6.There is drop in basketball in the gym from 5:00 to 6:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
7. Students interested in participating in a LGBTQ & Allies group meet at lunch Tomorrow, snacks will be provided. See Ms. Terlingen for more information.
8. Lost wallet belonging to Zarah Murray is missing. It is white with gold imprints on it. Has student id in it so it is easily identifiable. Please contact Zarah if found.
9. Any students in Mr. Cross' Planning 10 class who have not already done so, please send him and email and return your GAFE permission slips so you can start the course. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. This week at the nelson civic theater: Racing Extinction (which is part of the Deconstructing Dinner Film Festival) plays at 7:00 tonight. And tomorrow Ixanul plays at 7:30.
11. Creative Writing Group is tomorrow at the Nelson Library. Taught by writer Rayya Liebich. All teens and all levels are welcome. Since it is Halloween week, we are going to do Blackout Poetry! It involves taking a page of written word and blacking out most of it except a few select works to create a poem.