Thursday, October 13th.
Block rotation: 1122
1. The student council will be meeting today at lunch in Studer's room. Everyone is welcome.
2. Global Perspectives and Social Justice students reminder of your planning meeting tomorrow at lunch in the library.
3. Young women from LVR, from any grade, are welcome to a healthy night out for girls, tomorrow from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. This will be a great place to meet new people, as well enjoy a nurturing food session on making raw chocolate! See Ms. Terlingen or Ms. Wilson to sign up or find more out more, there is a small $5 fee.
4. Grads and grade 11's, Are you interested in finding more information on taking the next step to college and University? It's not so daunting, so come out to BC Colleges and University night on Wednesday October 19th from 7- 8:30 pm in the gym. Bring your parents to this informative evening where admissions officers will answer questions on programs campus living, housing, applications and entrance scholarships. See counsellors for any details.
5. Attention any Girls interested in attending a conference about science, technology or engineering. Quantum Leaps is occurring on October 20th at Selkirk College in Castlegar, an event not to be missed if you are a grade 10, 11 or 12 girl, register at http://selkirk.ca/ce/glows/quantum-leaps You can check in with your science or technology teacher or see the counselors for more information.
6. The medical practitioner will not be taking any more appointments this week or accepting walk ins. Appointments are now being booked for October 26th.
7. This week at the Nelson Library we have our first Fibre Arts Club! Today from 3:30 to 4:30. This gathering is for knitters or stitch-ers or for those who want to be! If you have a project you are working on, please bring it along! This will be an informal gathering time to work on our own projects. If you have ever wanted to learn how to knit or stitch, we will have supplies and experts on hand to teach you how! There will be hot chocolate and cookies. Contact Melodie Rae at email@example.com if you have any questions.
8. Reminder to the swim team to get your fees & paperwork in. Also there is short mandatory meeting Today at 11:30 in Room 205. All swimmers are expected to attend.
9. Tomorrow at lunch is bullet journal time. Ms. Kroker will open her room up to anyone who wants to work on their journal or start a journal. Come to room 309 if you are interested.
10. Attention all Grads: The first fundraiser is now on. Presale grocery gift cards to help finance your graduation festivities (for example the prom). Order forms will be available at the office or download from the Grad section on the LVR school webpage. Local grocery stores provide a percentage discount based on total sales at no extra cost. Supports can purchase a $25 gift card for $25. Order forms and all money are due to the office by 3:00 pm on Tuesday October 18. Late orders will not be accepted. Please note this is a presale and money must accompany the order forms.
11. There will be a PAC meeting on Monday October 17th at 7:00pm in room 205.
12. Attention girls wanting to play Junior or Senior Basketball this year. There will be a meeting for all interested players for both teams today at 11:45 in Room 209.
13. A reminder to all staff and students clothing orders are due October 17th, you can pick up an order form at the office or from Mr. Mace.
14. Internationally acclaimed documentary, Screenagers, is showing at the Capitol Theater on October 13th at 7pm. Tickets are $15/adult & $10/student.
15. This Saturday, support the elderly in our community with outdoor raking, weeding, digging or planting. To join the workathon, sign up in the counselling area or register directly with the Hospice. Volunteers are to meet at 10 am at the Kalein Centre 402 West Richards in Rosemont for coffee, tea and breakfast, t-shirt and possibly win prizes. You will head to a home for outdoor work till the afternoon, bring your rakes and shovels.
16. A reminder to French Immersion Planification 10 you meet today at lunch. room 311.