Thursday, November 3rd
Block rotation: 3344
1. Entry to the 24 hour writing contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who has paid to participate. Everyone who is participating needs to see Ms. Kroker at lunch sometime this week to pick up information about the contest.
2. Created by last year’s L.V. Rogers' graduates, High school Transitions is a new student run initiative aiming to give support to high school students who are graduating this year. LVR grads who will serve as mentors to current LVR students. They are using a Facebook page as a platform to share information about university and scholarship applications, volunteering and student leadership opportunities, and travel options. Questions are welcome! either send a private message or post on the Facebook wall at facebook.com/highschooltransitions.
3. GT students with Machado and Terlingen meet today at 11:35 am . Location is room 105( Schmidts's room) for Terlingen and meet in Room 106 If you are a Machado student and have not completed your career exploration and are looking for volunteer time. This is a check in to see if you are all updated. You can also sign up for your GT interview in December or January
4. Any student in grade 11 or 12 that is considering going into the trades and would like to get exposure to various trades through
The MADE FOR TRADES Day on Nov 18th, the deadline to sign up is today. so see a counsellor for the electronic application if you are interested.
5. Grads drop by the office to pick up your presold grocery cards and a Purdy's Chocolate brochure. Purdy's orders can be placed via paper order form or online - the brochure has details for both. All orders must be handed in or completed online by 4pm Friday November 25.
6. Anybody interested in helping with this year's Harry Potter Gala please meet in the library at lunch today. Even if you only want to help at the actual event, they would be happy to have you there!
7. Social Justice and Global Perspectives 12 students will meet in room 103 today after school from 3:30 to 5:30.
8. Any Grade 11 or grade 12 boys interested in playing on the Sr. Boys Basketball team are invited to a meeting in Mr. Studer's room (Room 103) tomorrow at lunch.