Wednesday, November 2nd
Block rotation: 1122
1. Entry to the 24 hour writing contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who has paid to participate. Everyone who is participating needs to see Ms. Kroker at lunch sometime this week to pick up information about the contest.
2. Created by last year’s L.V. Rogers' graduates, High school Transitions is a new student run initiative aiming to give support to high school students who are graduating this year. LVR alumni who will serve as mentors to current LVR student. They are using a Facebook page as a platform to share information about university and scholarship applications, volunteering and student leadership opportunities, and travel options. Questions are welcome! either send a private message or post on the Facebook wall at facebook.com/highschooltransitions.
3. GT 12 French Immersion: you have a meeting today at 11:30 in the French room.
4. Volleyball intramurals are today at lunch. The games today are the quarter final games and all teams play. Please check the schedule on the trophy case to see what time your team plays.
5. Grads drop by the office to pick up your presold grocery cards and a Purdy's Chocolate brochure. Purdy's orders can be placed via paper order form or online - the brochure has details for both. All orders must be handed in or completed online by 4pm Friday November 25.
6. Student ambassadors or interested leadership students. Join the next student ambassador training with Stacie Rae Brown, who is offering a workshop on how to be a healthy mentor on November 22nd. see Ms. Terlingen to sign up.
7. Social Justice and Global Perspectives 12 students will meet in room 103 on Thursday after school from 3:30 to 5:30.
8. Any Grade 11 and grade 12 boys interested in playing on the Sr. Boys Basketball team are invited to a meeting in Mr. Studer's room (Room 103) on Friday at lunch.
9. Debate club meeting today at the start of lunch in room 102.