Wednesday, November 23rd
Block rotation: 4433
1. The Nelson Curling club is now open for after school drop-ins on Mondays from 3:30 until 5:00 pm exclusively for students. You will have the opportunity to try curling in a relaxed atmosphere. The club also has a snack bar and music. If you are interested in trying curling please see the handout on the office counter or talk to Mrs. Morrison in the gym.
2. Attention all LVTV students: There will be a MANDATORY meeting for all cast and crew at lunch today.
3. Are you in Grade 11 and would like to get a jump start on your required volunteer hours to Graduate? Did you know you can be a volunteer for Grad and these hours can be applied to your Grade 12 accumulation? Please contact our 2017 Grad committee 2017LVRGrad@gmail.com for more information and to get signed up for one of the FUN duties at the Grand March or Cavalcade.
4. On this Friday to Sunday the LVR Drama Department presents George Bernard Shaw's "Pygmalion" .Tickets are 8.00$ and are available at Cowan’s Office Supply. The performances will take place in the LVR Courtyard Theatre, evening shows are at 7pm with a Matinee on Saturday at 2pm.
5. Any students who have signed up for Spanish in Second Semester, there will be a meeting today in the Multi-purpose Room during flex time. Please attend as you may wish to make some programming adjustments.
6. The Girls Basketball season starts soon! All interested Juniors and Seniors come to the gym on Monday, November 28th at 3:30.
7. The boys soccer team went 1 and 1 yesterday and have one more game this morning to determine final ranking. The team has played 5 games over 3 days against the best teams in the province. A win today would have us finish with a 2 and 3 record with all the games being very close.
8. Are you falling behind on your bullet journal or just want to find some time to work on it? There will be a bullet journaling session this Tomorrow in room 309 at lunch.
9. There is an important correction for Mr. B's PE 9 class. You will be going swimming tomorrow NOT curling. Bring swim gear, or gym strip for the fitness center.
10. Just a reminder to dance students to get out there and sell poinsettias! All orders are due into Ms. Buss not later than Friday November 25th.
11. Any students interested in volunteering with the Food Cupboard to help with creating Christmas Hampers, there is a working session this Thursday. Sign up in the counselling office on the volunteer table or speak to Mr. Machado or Mrs. Terlingen. Grads if you don't have a solid plan for your volunteer hours- consider signing up for this event.
12. Grade 9 students: please make sure you bring your immunization consent form to the office as soon as possible, as immunizations are taking place next week on Wednesday, November 30th.
13. Reminder to Jazz Band students that there is rehearsal today at 11:45.
14. Grad fundraising reminders: Purdy's orders are due this Friday Nov 25 by 3:30 in the office or 4pm online. Grocery gift card order forms are due to the office by 3:30 on Wed. Nov 30.