Tuesday, November 1st
Block rotation: 1234
1. reminder about the upcoming Aboriginal Education open house tonight from 5:00 to 8:00pm at Trafalgar. All families are welcome!
2. Created by last year’s L.V. Rogers' graduates, High school Transitions is a new student run initiative that aims to give support to high school students who will soon be moving on to new stages in their life. Their goal is to create a network of LVR alumni who will serve as mentors to current LVR students, giving support and advice to smooth their transition into postsecondary life. For now, they are using a Facebook page as a platform to share information about university and scholarship applications, volunteering and student leadership opportunities, and travel options. They are happy to answer any questions you may have - so please do ask! Either send a private message or post on the Facebook wall at facebook.com/highschooltransitions. They will then set you up with the mentor who is most qualified to give you support and advice for the question you are asking.
3. Girls, join at lunch today in textiles room for a discussion and planning of next event, all grades welcome
4. Do you have an overdue book from the LVR library? Check out the overdue list posted outside the library.
5. Grads drop by the office to pick up your presold grocery cards and a Purdy's Chocolate brochure. Purdy's orders can be placed via paper order form or online - the brochure has details for both. Paper order forms must be handed in to the office and online orders completed by 4pm Friday November 25.
6. Student ambassadors or interested leadership students. Join the next student ambassador training with Stacie Rae Brown, who is offering a workshop on how to be a healthy mentor on November 22nd. see Ms. Terlingen to sign up.
7. Teen Time at the Nelson Library: Make a Sculpey Dragon! Taught by Sage from 3:30 to 4:30pm on Thursday.