Tuesday, May 9th
Block rotation: 1234
1. Please note that there will be a block switch on Wednesday May 10th changing it to 22 11 and Thursday May 11th will be changed to 44 33.
2. Capture the flag will be happening Tomorrow at lunch on the top field.
3. Grace, the medical practitioner will be here this Thursday from 10:45 to 12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists or give mental health support. If you would like to book an appointment, please see Robin in the counselling area.
4. Volunteers needed for 1 hr only on Friday afternoons at the nelson leafs bottle depot from 4:00 to 5:00. Contact Tara at tkgnelsonbc@hotmail. com Or just drop by.
5. Would the following students please see Jonesy in Media Arts today. Simon Schuetz, Kaityln Donaldson, Mahalia Glass, Hita Manhas, Olivia Kelly, Daniella Larazarus, Merlin Jenesche, Sierra Jones, Makani Balzer, Amereesa bhabra, Amanda Creak, Maria Giavidoni, Annie Hellman, Maia Robertson, Paige Ross, Mike Zarakoff, Jacob Erickson, Ben Handley, Aiden Hardy, Eden Ivany, Jone Marcos-Garces, and Mallory Pinske. Your work has been chosen for the digital Arts show and she need some info.
6. Results from the Junior Girls Soccer Team in the Okanagan last Friday:
The juniors did great last weekend. They easily beat the Oliver senior team 3 to 1, followed by a 4-nil defeat to a quality Penticton team. The Penticton game was much closer than the score indicated and the girls played very well.
7. Because many students were unable to attend the first Naloxone kit training session, there will be a second session on Tuesday the 16th at lunch in Room 205. The public health nurse will be here to educate students about opioids, opioid overdoses, how they look as well as what to do. All students are welcome and are encouraged to attend. Those wishing to obtain kits can also do so at that time.
8. The first Quiddich game is happening this week on Thursday. Quiddich Starts at 11:45 in the gym and there needs to be a good amount of players! If you're interested bring your friends! It'll be tons of fun! stay tuned for a video about quiddich.
9. Attention grads: Please make sure you sign up for grand march on the sheet posted at the office, whether you have a walking partner at this time, or not. We need to know who will be attending. The first Grand March practice will take place in the gym tomorrow at 11:40. Please wear the shoes you will be wearing for grad. Even if you do not have a walking partner yet, please show up to the practice.
10. Grade 11 students and parents: We are still in need of a large number of volunteers for the grand march and cavalcade. Please fill out a Pay it Forward form at the office so we can get you on our volunteer team. You can earn Grad Trans hours for next year.
11. Mandy from Freedom Quest will be here Wednesdays from 12:30 to 2:30. She is able to work with students with harm reduction/safety strategies around alcohol and drug use as well as answer any questions you may have. Mandy is also able to support students with emotional regulation techniques, grief and loss, boundaries and self-care, personal awareness, empowerment and personal rights. If you would like to book a 15 minute intro session with her please see Robin in the counselling area.
12. GRADS! It's time to be fitted for your Grad Gowns for the Cap and Gown Ceremony! There will only be two more fitting sessions, so make sure you get yours fitted. Fittings will only be done for those Grads who have paid their fees. The fitting days will be today and tomorrow at lunch in the multipurpose room.
13. Freedom Quest group session is this Friday at lunch in room 205. This week's topics are LSD, Methamphetamines and Mushrooms. All are welcome and encouraged to join us. Pizza will be supplied.