Friday, May 5th
Block rotation: 4321
1. Would all the students who went on the Whistler Band Trip please meet in Rm 211 right away at lunch for a brief meeting.
2. All students who will be attending Selkirk college this September are advised to sign up for an appointment time in the counselling office.
3. Please note that all water fountains, including the filtered one in the foyer, will be bagged today and unavailable due to the boil water advisory notice.
4. In celebration of Youth Week, the NDYC is hosting a Skate Demo tonight at 5PM, as well as a Dance and Cypher starting at 7PM. Come share your dance moves and learn some new ones from our local talent. Then on Saturday there will be an open house from 2 to 6pm. The festivities will include a BBQ, music, Skate competition, and live painting. Entry is by donation.
5. Anyone planning on eating food over the next week? This announcement may be for you! Grads are running a grocery card fundraiser every Thursday at lunch in front of the multipurpose room. No forms or wait times- just buy your card and shop that day! Support Grad by eating, just like you would anyways.
6. The RHC Scholarship is available for two students - one female and one male and is worth $400.00 each. There have been very few applications, so go on the LVR scholarship webpage and check it out! Submit application directly to them by May 10th.
7. GRADS! It's time to be fitted for your Grad Gowns for the Cap and Gown Ceremony! There will only be two more fitting sessions, so make sure you get yours fitted. Fittings will only be done for those Grads who have paid their fees. The fitting days will be Monday and Tuesday of next week.
8. Attention grads: Please make sure you sign up for grand march on the sheet posted at the office, whether you have a walking partner at this time, or not. We need to know who will be attending. The first Grand March practice will take place in the gym on WEDNESDAY MAY 10th at 11:40. Please wear the shoes you will be wearing for grad. Even if you do not have a walking partner yet, please show up to the practice.
9. There is still lots of space available for any grade 10 or grade 11 students wanting participate in the Experience Selkirk Day on May 17th. Take the opportunity to get hands on introduction to programs offered in Nelson or in Castlegar. Forms are due today, so if you're still interested see Ms. Kidd and get a form filled out. Bussing and lunches are provided, and you could win great prizes!
10. grads: The Rebecca Vecchio memorial bursary scholarship link has been fixed on the LVR website. the best time to apply is NOW. The deadline is May 20th. The criteria is as follows: you must be a Male student pursuing post-secondary studies and be Committed to gender equality and speaking out against bullying and violence against women.
11. Grade 11 students and parents: We are still in need of a large number of volunteers for the grand march and cavalcade. Please fill out a Pay it Forward form at the office so we can get you on our volunteer team. You can earn Grad Trans hours for next year.
12. EcoProject members! There will be an important meeting at 12PM in the library. This meeting is mandatory for all EcoProject members.
13. Baseball players are reminded of their practice on Sunday at 6pm.