Wednesday, May 3rd
Block rotation: 4433
1. It is time for all LVR students to turn out and vote in the Student Mock Election. There will be a polling station set up in front of the trophy case at lunch Today and tomorrow this week. Polls close Tomorrow, so get out and vote as soon as you can.
2. All students who will be attending Selkirk college this September are advised to sign up for an appointment time in the counselling office.
3. Anyone interested in being involved with Keep the Beat this year should come to a meeting on Friday at lunch in the library. Keep the Beat is a fundraiser that happens over the summer and is both fun and a great chance to volunteer.
4. Grads: you have multiple events happening this week. Today at 7:00 there will be a prom meeting in the multi-purpose room. On Friday the Kootenay Coffee fundraiser forms are due in to the office. And finally on Saturday there is a bake sale happening outside of Safeway from 6 until 10am.
5. Anyone planning on eating food over the next week? This announcement may be for you! Grads are running a grocery card fundraiser every Thursday at lunch in front of the multipurpose room. No forms or wait times- just buy your card and shop that day! Support Grad by eating, just like you would anyways.
6. The RHC Scholarship is available for two students - one female and one male and is worth $400.00 each. There have been very few applications, so go on the LVR scholarship webpage and check it out! Submit application directly to them by May 10th.
7. Empties!! Empties!! Bring on the Empties!! the grads need bottles and cans. There is now a bin set up inside Nelson Bottle Depot to collect for the grad class of 2017. It will be there from now till June 5th. Tell your friends and family!
8. Experience Selkirk day is coming May 17th. If you would like to sign up, you can get a form in the counselling office. Please return to Ms. Kidd by the end of Tomorrow.
9. grads: The Rebecca Vecchio memorial bursary scholarship link has been fixed on the LVR website. the best time to apply is NOW. The deadline is May 20th. The criteria is as follows: you must be a Male student pursuing post-secondary studies and be Committed to gender equality and speaking out against bullying and violence against women.
10. Attention Grads, The Grand March signup sheet is now at the office, and grad fees are due May 15th.
11. Do you want your art or writing piece featured on LVTV? If so, contact us by email at LVTV at sd8 dot bc dot ca or come by the media arts lab to discuss being featured.
12. The deadline for the Kyle Levy Pride in Logging Bursary has been extended to May 5th. There have been no applicants for this $1500.00 bursary being offered to students entering the field of logging or a full time forestry or trade program. Grads, please go on the Grad scholarships webpage and check it out.
13. GRADS! It's time to be fitted for your Grad Gowns for the Cap and Gown Ceremony! There will only be three more fitting sessions, so make sure you get yours fitted. Fittings will only be done for those Grads who have paid their fees. The fitting days will be this Thursday and Monday and Tuesday of next week.
14. Screenwriting 101 Workshop with Gregory Mackenzie at the Nelson public Library Tomorrow from 3:30 to 5pm. All teens are welcome! Free, no registration.
15. The Nelson Fire Department is looking for a student to sing O Canada at the opening ceremonies for the Fire Prevention Officers conference at the Prestige hotel on Monday, May 8th at 6pm. The individual would also be welcome to join the dinner after the opening ceremonies. Please contact Rick Maida if you're interested firstname.lastname@example.org.