Wednesday, May 31st
Block rotation: 4433
1. Come out and cheer the Sr. Girls Soccer Team as they match up against some of the strongest teams in the province at the BC AA Provincial Championships here in Nelson at Lakeside Fields. The first match will be against rival team St. Michaels University from Victoria Thursday June 1st at 8:00 a.m. They will play later that afternoon at 2:00 and Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. That will complete their pool play and winners will move from there to play Friday afternoon and Saturday.
2. Grads, make sure you hand in your "Say Somethings" by the end of the week. Log in to the LVR website under the grad tab to create your final message to be read out at the grad ceremony. You can also write out your say something by filling out the "Say Something" Form at the office. Deadline is this Friday.
3. Last day for Grad 2017 Valedictorian nominees: so far we have two people with several nominations behind them. Vote by noon today at the office!
4. LAST CHANCE FOR GRADS TO PICK UP A PASSPORT TO THE KOOTENAYS COUPON BOOK IS TODAY! They are also available for purchase by anyone in the school! $45.00 per book.
5. Attention Aboriginal Education students: Toni will be away a little bit longer due to circumstances beyond her control. However, she will be here on Thursday morning to welcome Elder Duncan Grady back to our school. She would like you to join her in this. Mr. Grady will be performing the Eagle Ceremony in the courtyard during Block 2. Please meet Toni at 8:30 at Room 202. Please also see your block 2 teachers for permission. Pick up a permission form from outside Room 202 or from Ms. McGregor in Room 307. If any teachers are interested in having their class participate in the Eagle Ceremony with us, please talk to Ms. McGregor or Toni to see if this can be accommodated.
6. On Wednesday, June 7th at 7pm at LVR there is a informative evening on the "Risk of fentanyl exposure for Kootenay youth: what to know, and what to do." There will also be a panel discussion open to all students, parents & guardians.
7. Attention all members of the archery club! There will be an important meeting for the club today at 12:45 in room 209.
8. Attention all soccer team fans - there will be a pep rally to promote and motivate the Sr. Girls soccer team at 11:30 in the court yard tomorrow. Come support the soccer team!
9. There will be dodgeball intermurals tomorrow and Thursday at lunch starting at 11:40.