Tuesday, May 2nd
Block rotation: 4321
1. It is time for all LVR students to turn out and vote in the Student Mock Election. There will be a polling station set up in front of the trophy case at lunch Tuesday through Thursday of this week. Polls close Thursday, so get out and vote as soon as you can.
2. All students who will be attending Selkirk college this September are advised to sign up for an appointment time in the counselling office.
3. Attention all HCE 9 students in Ms. Kidd's and Ms. I's Block 4 class, you are to meet at the school bus outside the front doors for your trip to the Yes 2 Know Conference immediately after LVTV.
4. There is a Grad Bake sale on Saturday. Grads who are interested can see Kelsey for details.
5. Support the community by spring cleaning and donating shoes to rotary interact campaign. Boxes by the office.
6. There will be a Naloxone training session for students in Room 205 Today at lunch. Students will learn when and how to use Naloxone in the event that someone is overdosing. They will also have the opportunity to sign out kits confidentially. All are welcome to join us and if you have any questions please see Robin in the counselling area.
7. Empties!! Empties!! Bring on the Empties!! the grads need bottles and cans. There is now a bin set up inside Nelson Bottle Depot to collect for the grad class of 2017. It will be there from now till June 5th. Tell your friends and family!
8. School wide pajama day happening tomorrow. Wear your pj's and be comfy all day!
9. The civic theatre is celebrating the live action version of Beauty and the beast. They are running a contest on Facebook for costumes and the prizes are awesome. There is even an event for adults. If you are interested, check out the civic website.
10. Attention Grads, The Grand March signup sheet is now at the office, and grad fees are due May 15th.
11. Do you want your art or writing piece featured on LVTV? If so, contact us by email at email@example.com dot ca or come by the media arts lab to discuss being featured.
12. The deadline for the Kyle Levy Pride in Logging Bursary has been extended to May 5th. There have been no applicants for this $1500.00 bursary being offered to students entering the field of logging or a full time forestry or trade program. Grads, please go on the Grad scholarships webpage and check it out.
13. GRADS! It's time to be fitted for your Grad Gowns for the Cap and Gown Ceremony! There will only be three more fitting sessions, so make sure you get yours fitted. Fittings will only be done for those Grads who have paid their fees.
14. Screenwriting 101 Workshop with Gregory Mackenzie at the Nelson public Library on Thursday from 3:30 to 5pm. All teens are welcome! Free, no registration.
15. The Nelson Fire Department is looking for a student to sing O Canada at the opening ceremonies for the Fire Prevention Officers conference at the Prestige hotel on Monday, May 8th at 6pm. The individual would also be welcome to join the dinner after the opening ceremonies. Please contact Rick Maida if you're interested firstname.lastname@example.org.