Friday, May 13th
Block order: 1234
1. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open on this coming Wednesday, May 18th from 10:45 -12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and mental health support.
2. ATLAS applications are now available; if you plan to apply to ATLAS for your grade 12 year, fill out the application and return to the office by Monday, May 16th.
3. Grand march tickets are available to purchase on May 18th and 19th at Lunch and After school In the Multi Purpose room. Grad fees must be paid before grads can purchase Grand March tickets. Each grad receives 2 free tickets, and can purchase 4 more tickets for $10.00 each. You cannot reserve tickets, you must pay for your additional tickets on these dates.
There will be an opportunity to purchase additional tickets after each grad has had the chance to book their first 6 seats. The next selling date will be announced soon.
4. Grads-please note that the 2016 Graduation Ceremony "Say Somethings" are now available online. Go to our LVR website under Grad Bulletin to find the online form. Say Somethings are what will be said about you as you cross the stage at the 2016 Commencement Ceremony. For more information, or to pick up a paper copy, see Ms. Malloff. Due date for Say Somethings is Friday, May 20th.
5. Jonesy's Term 1 photography class or Ms Forbes's Term 1 Media arts: if you are interested in submitting photos for the digital arts showcase on June 7th at LVR, please come and talk to Jones today.
6. Hey grads: The schedule for grad weekend is posted on the office counter. Please tell your parents this schedule will also be posted on the LVR website and to watch for updates!
7. Heather Grant, Tango instructor extraordinaire, has a film showing at the civic theatre on May 29th at 4 pm. It is a look at a 50 year career and boasts sublime dancing. If you are interested in tickets she is offering a deal to students who pre buy tickets. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 505-0109.
8. A youth soccer team is looking for someone to film games for the team this coming weekend. There may be a small pay honorarium involved. If you are interested, please contact Kerry Dyck for more details, his email and phone number are available at the front office.
9. There are a LOT of overdue library books. Check the back cover of your books to see the due dates - return or renew anything overdue as soon as possible.
10.Play It Again Kids is looking for a summer student to work 35 hours per week for 8 weeks this summer. You must be a full time student now and a full time student this fall and a minimum of 15 years of age.
They offer a fun and relaxed atmosphere where you will enjoy being around children and their parents in a retail setting. Visit their website at playitagainkids.ca for further details and how to apply.
11.Grads of 2016: It is time to nominate a member from your class to be valedictorian. The valedictorian traditionally excels in academics, participates extensively in extracurricular activities including service and athletics and is an all-around excellent representative of the school and the graduating class. The valedictorian gives the closing or farewell speech at the Cap and Gown event. Please pick up a nomination form from Mr. Huttemann and encourage participation.
12.Grads of 2016: We need some nominations from grads to sing the national anthem Friday night June 10th. See Mr. Huttemann