Wednesday, May 10th
Block rotation: 2211
1. Just a reminder to everyone that the REC leadership students will be organizing Capture the Flag today on the top field at 11:45! Everyone is welcome. Tomorrow, the Rec students will be organizing Quidditch in the gym at lunch.
2. Freedom Quest group session is this Friday at lunch in room 205. This week's topics are LSD, Methamphetamines and Mushrooms. All are welcome and encouraged to join us. Pizza will be supplied.
3. Grace, the medical practitioner will be here Tomorrow from 10:45 to 12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists or give mental health support. If you would like to book an appointment, please see Robin in the counselling area.
4. Volunteers needed for 1 hr only on Friday afternoons at the nelson leafs bottle depot from 4:00 to 5:00. Contact Tara at email@example.com Or just drop by.
5. Would the following students please see Jonesy in Media Arts today. Elisabeth Heiuberts, Kaityln Donaldson, Mahalia Glass, Olivia Kelly, Daniella Larazarus, Merlin Jenesche, Sierra Jones, Makani Balzer, Maria Giavidoni, Annie Hellman, Maia Robertson, Mike Zarakoff, and Ben Handley. Your work has been chosen for the digital Arts show and she need some info.
6. Next week is Pride week at LVR. Next week has been chosen because May 17th is the international day for ending transphobia and homophobia. There will be many activities at lunch please see the posters and listen for the announcements on LVTV.
7. Because many students were unable to attend the first Naloxone kit training session, there will be a second session on Tuesday the 16th at lunch in Room 205. The public health nurse will be here to educate students about opioids, opioid overdoses, how they look as well as what to do. All students are welcome and are encouraged to attend. Those wishing to obtain kits can also do so at that time.
8. The University of Lethbridge will be at L.V Rogers on May 16th. A recruitment officer will be set up in the Multipurpose Room from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. She is available to answer any questions about University of Lethbridge or post-secondary in general.
9. Grads: there will be a grand march practice Today in the gym at lunch.
10. There will be a presentation about the Global Intercultural Certificate Program today at lunch in Room 211. If you would like to find out about travelling and learning about other countries and cultures, and getting graduation credits while doing so, come to the meeting to learn more. Opportunities to travel to China, Mexico and India are available for students of SD8.
11. Book club members, you have a meeting today at lunch. Come for the cookies, stay for the discussion.