Thursday, March 9th
Block rotation: 1122
1. Students want to raise awareness for the 30th anniversary of Nelson's sister city, Izu-shi Japan. A delegate of 15 people, including Ronnie White and Mira Belle Kolmel as well as our Mayor and some council members from Nelson will be attending it in Izu-shi Japan during spring break. Students from Japan will visit Nelson for two weeks in late July and we are looking for families, interested in a cultural experience, to host them. If you're interested please contact Mira Belle or Ronnie.
2. French Immersion grade 12 students, Madame Robertson has your provincial exam marks, including your oral mark. You did a great job, so come and see the marks:)
3. Please help support the 2017 Grad Class by purchasing Purdys chocolates for family and friends this Easter! Catalogues are available in the office or shop online. Check out the LVR website for more details and links for ordering. Deadline for ordering is Wednesday, March 15th by 3:30 pm, with pick up on Thursday, April 6th in the office between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
4. Sadly the Landing will be closed at Lunch today.
5. The medical practitioner will not be here today. Her next scheduled visit here is April 13th. If you need to make an appointment with her before that she is available at her office uptown. Please see Robin in the counselling area for the phone number
6. All Grads the District Scholarship deadline is soon approaching. Please go to the scholarship section of the LVR website to download the application, which needs two references forms and a personal letter.
7. If you are ages 14-24 and want to try your hand at programming stuff on the big screen, The Civic wants to hear from you. The Civic Theatre wants to give students the chance to help them decide on films and be part of running an annual Youth Film Festival. They also want to open up their space to you to program screenings, bring your own video projects, play e-sports, develop professional mentorship opportunities, and more, depending on where your interests lie. The first crack at this is March 25 at 9pm and the goal is to put youth in the driver's seat! If you are interested, go to media arts to fill out a form.
8. Today in the multipurpose room at lunch ,the rec leadership students will be putting on an event for international women's day 2017. There will be cooked food, the selling of the SHARE cookbook and an info booth from the nelson womens centre, hope to see you there!
9. The Kootenay Youth Film Festival showcases emerging and established filmmakers from the local region. The goal is to foster a culture, narrative, social, and enviornment youth filmmakiung. Fro more information go to email@example.com
10. Attention French immersion students, Madame Robertson is looking for a couple of books missing from the French library both are in the Aurélie LaFlamme series - books one and two. Please take a look at home and bring them in :)
11. A reminder to Mr B's PE 9/10 class to meet in the Technology Lab tomorrow with a pencil and a binder.