Tuesday, March 7th
Block rotation: 3344
1. This week at the library the Teen Advisory Group will be meeting. Come have a say! They will brainstorm summer teen programs, decide which dvds to buy for the collection, work on a display and munch on some yummy snacks! Anyone is welcome to join. Thursday, March 9th, 3:30-4:30.
2. L.V.R. library is doing a display on independent women's literature in celebration of international women's day on Wednesday march 8th.
3. Please help support the 2017 Grad Class by purchasing Purdys chocolates for family and friends this Easter! Purdys chocolates are made fresh in Vancouver from only 100% sustainable cocoa. Catalogues are available in the office or shop online. Check out the LVR website for more details and links for ordering. Deadline for ordering is Wednesday, March 15th by 3:30 pm, with pick up on Thursday, April 6th in the office between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
4. Reminder to students attending the career fair at Selkirk college today: please check in with Mr Legg outside the Gym at 9:00 this morning.
5. The medical practitioner will not be here this Thursday. Her next scheduled visit here is April 13th. If you need to make an appointment with her before that she is available at her office uptown. Please see Robin in the counselling area for the phone number
6. All Grads the District Scholarship deadline is soon approaching. Please go to the scholarship section of the LVR website to download the application, which needs two references forms and a personal letter. It is worth the effort especially if you have achieved some form of excellence in the fine and applied skills, community leadership and or aboriginal areas.
7. Sadly the Cafeteria will be closed at Lunch on Thursday, March 9.A reminder that the last day to sign up for Food Safe is Today at noon! Come and see Ms Nazaroff in the Cafeteria. The course will run 8:40-3:15 on Thursday March 9 and costs $85 per student.
8. A Golden Opportunity for students wanting to travel to China this summer:15 Students will be able to travel to Fuzhou (Foo Joe) China for an amazing cultural experience from July 14th to 23rd. Students are responsible for their flight and spending money only. If you are interested, please email Sandy Prentice or see Tanis in the International Office before Mar. 15th.
9. The Kootenay Youth Film Festival showcases emerging and established filmmakers from the local region. The goal is to foster a culture, narrative, social, and environment youth filmmaking. For more information go to email@example.com
10. Attention French immersion students, Madame Robertson is looking for a couple of books missing from the French library both are in the Aurélie LaFlamme series - books one and two. Please take a look at home and bring them in :)