Monday, March 6th
Block rotation: 3412
1. This week at the library the Teen Advisory Group will be meeting. Come have a say! They will brainstorm summer teen programs, decide which dvds to buy for the collection, work on a display and munch on some yummy snacks! Anyone is welcome to join. Thursday, March 9th, 3:30-4:30.
2. ATTENTION students that signed up for the career fair tomorrow. Please make sure you get an absentee notice for your teachers. Please meet in the foyer outside the gym at 9:00am and check in with Mr. Legg.
3. L.V.R. library is doing a display on independent women's literature in celebration of international women's day on Wednesday march 8th.
4. Reminder to all International Students returning to LVR school next Sept. 2017, to come to a meeting regarding scholarships today after school in room 207.
5. Reminder to Jazz Band members that there is a sax sectional today at 1145.
6. There will be a double block day tomorrow:3344 and a reminder that there are no classes on Wednesday March 8th.
7. The last day to sign up for Food Safe is Tuesday, March 7 at noon! Come and see Ms. Nazaroff in the Cafeteria. The course will run 8:40-3:15 on Thursday March 9 and costs $85 per student.
8. A Golden Opportunity for students wanting to travel to China this summer:15 Students will be able to travel to Fuzhou (Foo Joe) China for an amazing cultural experience from July 14th to 23rd. Students are responsible for their flight and spending money only. If you are interested, please email Sandy Prentice or see Tanis in the International Office before Mar. 15th.
9. The Kootenay Youth Film Festival showcases emerging and established filmmakers from the local region. The goal is to foster a culture, narrative, social, and environment youth filmmaking. For more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Attention French immersion students, Madame Robertson is looking for a couple of books missing from the French library both are in the Aurélie LaFlamme series - books one and two. Please take a look at home and bring them in :)