Wednesday, March 1st
Block rotation: 1122
1. Reminder to all grads: Early bird grad fees are due by this Friday March 3 and Baby pictures are due by March 17th.
2. The grade 10 class came through as the Food Drive CHAMPIONS! They were the most giving and showed great spirit in their desire to beat out all other grades in the food drive competition. Thanks to all who contributed - every collection counts!
3. The Sr. Boys Basketball season came to an end last night in the Hangar. Once again the Bombers were leading by their three Seniors: Leo Weiss, Alan Jin and Eamon Studer. The Bombers would like to thank all the people who came out to support the team over the year, the referees, and the scorekeepers. Thanks for helping to make it a successful season.
4. There is a global perspectives and social justice planning meeting after school this Thursday March 2nd in the library.
5. There will be a block rotation change on March 7th: It will be a double block day: 3344. A reminder that there are no classes on March 8th.
6. The grad talent show auditions start today and go on until March 3. Put your name up on the signup sheet in the office. You can do anything! This is open to any grade so please sign up. This is a grad fundraiser so the more participation the better our grad will be. If anyone is looking to help out backstage please contact Lucy Carver-Brennan or Sage Cowan.
7. Healthy Action Team there is a meeting at 11:35 tomorrow in Room 205.
8. If any students are interested in taking the Food Safe certification, come and see Ms. Nazaroff at the cafeteria. The course will run 8:40-3:15 on Thursday March 9 and costs $85 per student.
9. A Golden Opportunity for students wanting to travel to China this summer:15 Students will be able to travel to Fuzhou (Foo Joe) China for an amazing cultural experience from July 14th to 23rd. Students are responsible for their flight and spending money only. If you are interested, please email Sandy Prentice or see Tanis in the International Office before Mar. 15th.
10. The Kootenay Youth Film Festival showcases emerging and established filmmakers from the local region. The goal is to foster a culture, narrative, social, and environment youth film making. Fro more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org