Thursday, March 16th
Block rotation: 4433
1. To all Health Action Team members: There is a short meeting today at lunch in the library. Please come early.
2. There will be a Freedom Quest meeting in Room 205 Friday at lunch. Pizza will be provided. This week we will be discussing Carfentanil, Peyote and Bath Salts. All welcome and encouraged to drop in.
3. There will be an Archery Club session tomorrow after school. Same time, same place. New members are still welcome.
4. ATTENTION ALL JR. BOYS BASKETBALL PLAYERS: Please return your practice jerseys and team shorts to Mr. Roch in room 209. Make sure he checks your name off the list.
5. After Spring Break, LVR Wellness Clinic will be adding one on one appointments on Wednesdays with Freedom Quest Counsellor, Mandy. She is able to help students by providing information on drugs and alcohol, harm reduction strategies, emotional regulation techniques, as well as support self-awareness, self-esteem, empowerment, personal rights, boundaries and self-care as well as grief and loss. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment see Robin in the counselling area or text Mandy at 250-505-9804.
6.ATLAS Academy applications for next year are now available in the office! You must ask a secretary for one. Applications are due back to the office no later than April 6th. Don't delay.
7. All Grads the District Scholarship deadline is soon approaching. Please go to the scholarship section of the LVR website to download the application, which needs two references forms and a personal letter.
8. If you are interested in trying your hand at programming stuff on the big screen, The Civic wants to hear from you. The Civic Theatre wants to give students the chance to help them decide on films and be part of running an annual Youth Film Festival. They also want to open up their space to you to program screenings, bring your own video projects, play e-sports, develop professional mentorship opportunities, and more. The first crack at this is March 25 at 9pm and the goal is to put youth in the driver's seat! If you are interested, go to civictheatre.ca/community-programming/youth-program/.
9. Auditions for the Capitol Theatre's Summer Youth Program! are on Monday, April 10th. This summer's production is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Please contact Eva at the Capitol Box Office for more info or to book an audition time 250-352-6363.
10. There will be a SAGA meeting Today at lunchtime in room 102. All are welcome.