Monday, March 13th
Block rotation: 2143
1. Any International students planning on returning to LV Rogers next September, please see Tanis today to complete an application for a BCCIE International Ambassador Scholarship.
2. Students want to raise awareness for the 30th anniversary of Nelson's sister city, Izu-shi Japan. A delegate of 15 people, including Ronnie White and Mira Belle Kolmel as well as our Mayor and some council members from Nelson will be attending it in Izu-shi Japan during spring break. Students from Japan will visit Nelson for two weeks in late July and we are looking for families to host them. If you're interested please contact Mira Belle or Ronnie.
3. Auditions for the Capitol Theatre's Summer Youth Program! are on Monday, April 10th. This summer's production is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Please contact Eva at the Capitol Box Office for more info or to book an audition time - 352-6363.
4. Please help support the 2017 Grad Class by purchasing Purdy’s chocolates for family and friends this Easter! Catalogues are available in the office or shop online. Check out the LVR website for more details and links for ordering. Deadline for ordering is Wednesday, March 15th by 3:30 pm, with pick up on Thursday, April 6th in the office between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
5. Fibre Craft Fun for Teens from 3:30 to 4:40 on Thursday, March 16th at the Nelson Public Library. Bring your own projects to work on or come learn how! for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. ATLAS Academy applications for next year are now available in the office! You must ask a secretary for one. Applications are due back to the office no later than April 6th. Don't delay.
7. All Grads the District Scholarship deadline is soon approaching. Please go to the scholarship section of the LVR website to download the application, which needs two references forms and a personal letter.
8. If you are interested in trying your hand at programming stuff on the big screen, The Civic wants to hear from you. The Civic Theatre wants to give students the chance to help them decide on films and be part of running an annual Youth Film Festival. They also want to open up their space to you to program screenings, bring your own video projects, play e-sports, develop professional mentorship opportunities, and more. The first crack at this is March 25 at 9pm and the goal is to put youth in the driver's seat! If you are interested, go to media arts to fill out a form.
9. Any girls interested in playing on a U-16 Kootenay club basketball team, there will be a practice this Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the LVR gym. Girls must be born in 2001 or 2002 to be eligible to play. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Hryniw in Room 106. There will also be a tryout on Sunday, April 2nd from 3 to 6 pm.
10. The Kootenay Youth Film Festival showcases emerging and established filmmakers from the local region. The goal is to foster a culture, narrative, social, and environment youth filmmaking. For more information go to email@example.com
11. David Hatfield, a Vancouver based leadership consultant, who facilitates transformative experiential education is working with schools in Nelson the first week of April after spring break. At LVR he is doing a session with:
Girls' Rugby- Mon. April 3rd 3:30- 5:00 pm
Senior Boys' Rugby- Tues. April 4th afternoon blocks 2/1
LVR Boys' Leadership Group- Tues. April 4th 3:30 pm
All Grade 9 Boys divided into 2 groups- Thurs. April 6th
David Hatfield is offering a Parent Education Evening Tues April 4th 7 pm at LVR focused on raising adolescents today with strong healthy relationships among youth
12. Next LVR Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting is Tues April 11th 7 pm at LVR. All parents are invited to attend and put forward any agenda items.
If you would like to be on the PAC email list, have questions, or have agenda items please email firstname.lastname@example.org