Tuesday, June 6th
Block rotation: 1234
1. Do you want to know more about the risks of opioid drug use and how to reduce risks? There will be a panel presentation tomorrow at 7 pm in the LVR Gym for students, parents, and community members. Hear from a former fentanyl user, from the NPD, a parent perspective, and from the health authorities. A Q & A session will follow.
2. There will be a grad meeting TOMORROW during flex time. All grads need to attend this meeting. Following this, there will be one last Grand March practice in the gym. Ms. Kidd will have the final alphabetical list of walking partners. If you have not yet signed up, but are wanting to attend the event, YOU MUST TALK TO HER! If you are not on the list you WILL NOT be allowed to attend Grand March.
3. There is a student position available at the Kokanee Creek Nature Centre. If you are passionate and organized, come and join the team this summer working with EcoSociety staff and volunteers. As a Kokanee Creek Nature Centre Clerk, you will help with the day-to-day operations of the Centre, provide outstanding customer service to Centre visitors and educate them on the local ecosystems of the park. For more information, see Julia in the office.
4. Starting today at lunch, the grads will be selling jumbo freezies in the courtyard for 2 dollars. They will be sold every Tuesday and Friday until grad.
5. Book club members, your final meeting is on Thursday. It's the final meeting, so make sure you're there.
6. BC Transit has dropped off bus passes for grads only. They are valid for two days in June and can be picked up in the office.
7. There will be a lunch and learn with a special guest who will be speaking about anxiety today at lunch. It will be in room 205 and there will be food.
8. Attention all Cast and crew of LVTV, there will be a group photo on Thursday at lunch during flex time in the studio.