LVR PAC Meeting
Tuesday June 7th @ 7:00 pm
In room 211
Monday, June 6th
Block rotation: 1234
1. Grads: BC Transit is offering 2-day bus passes for grads on behalf of the RDBK, RDCK and the City of Nelson. The passes are available at the front counter and instructions are right on the passes. Safe travelling!
2. Two of our students went over to compete at the Kootenay Zone Track and Field Meet over in Cranbrook last week. Danny Burgel competed as a Junior and placed second in the 200 meter sprint and third in the 400 meter. Kieran Marchand competed in the senior boys 800 meter and 1500 meter races and WON them both. Congratulations boys. You have ribbons for these races waiting to be picked up in Mr. Roch's room.
3. All Dance Company students are reminded to hand in their final papers today at lunch.
4. Still looking for a summer job? There is an opportunity to work at a tree nursery in Proctor this summer. For more information please contact Tucker Anderson at (250)-509-1669 or email@example.com.
5. Get your entries in for the library reading contest. You could win gift cards from many places including Otter Books and the deadline is June 10th. To enter pick a category from the jar in the library, read a book from that genre, and enter your name in to win sweet stuff!
6. Mount Sentinel and LV Rogers proudly present a night of digital Art and film making! Did you know that we have a 3D printer? Did you know that we have robotics equipment? Did you know that we have some amazing digital artists and photographers. Come and check it all out tomorrow in the multipurpose room from 6 to 8.
7. Powered by golden boot winner and tournament MVP Naomi Perkins, the Bombers brought home the Gold Medal from the Provincial Tournament in Campbell River this Saturday. In the final game L.V. defeated Burnaby's St. Thomas Moore Knights, one of the pre-tournament favourites, to win 5-4 in penalty kicks, after 80 minutes of nerve wracking regular time soccer and 15 minutes of nail biting overtime produced a 1 goal tie. Early in the game a Knight midfielder hammered a 25 meter free kick that gave Hanna Quinn, LVR's keeper and game MVP no chance. LV answered before half time when Laurel Halleran and Perkins converted a short corner into Perkins 10th goal of the tournament. In the shoot out both teams scored 3 times in the first 5 shooters ,necessitating sudden death shots. Both teams made their 6th shot and when Maya Ida capped her excellent tournament by slotting the seventh L.V. shot, the pressure was back on the Burnaby side to match. Quinn outguessed the St. Thomas More shooter and was there to make the tournament clinching save to send the entire LV bench into a delirious celebration. It was the first time since 1998 that the Bombers had earned the top spot. Head coach Chuck Bennett, was quick to point out that it was a total team effort that enabled L.V. to battle its way through 5 top notch games in three days to secure the coveted title. Crediting his captain, senior Kyra Burkhart, with instilling a team first ethic from the beginning of the season, Bennett felt that it was this "all for one and one for all" attitude that made the difference.
8 . Whomever walked off with the rubics cube from the library. Its still MIA will you kindly return it so everyone can enjoy the frustration of trying to solve it? Very much appreciated!
9. The grad class of 2016 is building a time capsule that will be opened at a class reunion in the future. Bring your contributions to Prom, everything must be respectful and appropriate. Please note that you will not be getting your contribution back. The grad class is also making a memory book. Take a few minutes to complete a page, the book will be available in the hallway at Prom.