Monday, June 19th
Block rotation: 2143
1. The Cafeteria will be closed from Wednesday until the end of the year. Tomorrow is your last chance to get food.
2. Students interested in going to Mexico to help build a home, as part of the Global Intercultural Experience next spring break are reminded that applications are due ASAP. See the counsellors, or Tanis if you want the information and application form.
3. Come and hear the LV Rogers Concert and Jazz Bands at their year-end performance. Bring your friends and family and prepare to be entertained by these talented musicians. The performance is tonight at 7pm in the LVR Gym, admission is by donation.
4. The new Intercultural Ambassador Club is inviting all students to an informational meeting on June 21st at 11:30 in room 207. This is an exciting new opportunity at LVR to celebrate and learn about other cultures. It's also an opportunity to welcome and support new international students, and become involved in the Global and Intercultural Program. Come and learn about the many benefits, and earn volunteer hours.
5. Any grade 11 or grade 12 students that are interested in biology and would like to be part of the Kokanee Park Mentoring Programme, where students would work as an apprentice naturalist at Kokanee park. please meet today at 11:35 in the counselling office. Nancie Dohan will meet with you to discuss the possibilities of making this opportunity happen for you in the Sept 2017 school season.
6. All grads who won scholarships please come to the thank you letter writing session on Wednesday from 11:20 to 12:25 in the library.
7. Last LVR Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting is Tues June 20th 7 pm at LVR. All parents are invited to attend and put forward any agenda items. Part of the agenda will include planning conversations for the new school year in the fall. If you would like to be on the LVR PAC email list, have questions, or have agenda items please email email@example.com