Thursday, June 16th
Block rotation: 1122
1. Final Exam Schedule: please note that classes are in session Monday through Wednesday, June 20th to 22nd, with the exception of the Social Studies 11 Final Exam on Wednesday. Students are expected to be studying for final exams, completing assignments and assessments during that week. Visit http://www.lvr.sd8.bc.ca/exams-2016.html for the posted exam schedule.
2. Awards Day Ceremony and Banner Raising: Monday June 20th is LVR’s Awards Day Ceremony. Please note that blocks will be adjusted for the day—Block schedule is posted in key areas at school. We also will celebrate the Provincial wins for our Sr. Boys Rugby and Sr. Girls Soccer teams. All students are expected to be in attendance
3. The NDYC Grub & Shrub Club is looking for volunteers to help with food preparation the last two weeks of June. The purpose of this program also includes enhancing our understanding of food security and sustainable food systems. Volunteers should come with ideas for healthy, easy to prepare snacks or meals. Ideal meals are fun to prepare with youth in a group setting. Volunteers can join for one afternoon, but are welcome to stay for more! If you are Interested contact Stephanie Meitz at email@example.com
4. This Friday evening, the Nelson Rod and Gun Club is hosting a Youth Shooting Event at the Outdoor Rifle Range at Barrett Creek (near Ymir). Youth shooters must be accompanied by an adult. Shooters can bring their own rim fire or center fire rifle or can borrow one from the club. No experience is necessary and range officers will be present for instructing and coaching. For more information see Mr. Roch in room 209.
5. Today is the last mountain bike team ride of the season. Meet 5 pm sharp at mountain station wearing your jerseys! We will have a team dinner after the ride.
6. Exam Cram for Teens at the Nelson Library, do you have exams coming up? Bring your books to the Nelson Public Library and they will provide seating, wifi, pizza and tutors! Saturday, June 18th from 12-4 at the Nelson Public Library.
7. Just a reminder that this is the last week that the cafeteria will be open. The Folks at the Landing would like to thank students and staff for their generous donations to the women's center and the Kenya school over the course of the year. All of your change has added up to over 50 dollars!
8. Year-end gathering for girls leadership group next week on Tuesday afterschool. See Ms. Terlingen for info and to sign up.
9. Tonight the LVR theater department presents Antony and Cleopatra, the show they took to the Shakespeare festival in May. Admission is by donation, show begins at 8pm and is performed in the LVR courtyard.
10. Grads - last chance to contribute to the time capsule! Find Micah or Ashley in the cafeteria at lunch next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Bring a favourite memento from your high school years. Everyone can also bring one favourite photo of grad weekend and paste it into a photo album that will go into the time capsule. There will be a short ceremony to seal the time capsule next Thursday during flex time.