Tuesday, June 14th
Block rotation: 3412
1. The NDYC Grub & Shrub Club is looking for volunteers to help with food preparation the last two weeks of June. The purpose of this program also includes enhancing our understanding of food security and sustainable food systems. Volunteers should come with ideas for healthy, easy to prepare snacks or meals. Ideal meals are fun to prepare with youth in a group setting. Volunteers can join for one afternoon, but are welcome to stay for more! If you are Interested contact Stephanie Meitz at email@example.com
2. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open tomorrow from 10:45 to 12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and provide mental health support. This will be her last visit until the fall. Please see Robin in the counselling area if you'd like to make an appointment.
3. Erica Dee a LVR graduate from 2005 is offering a 5 day camp that will cover singing, rapping, writing songs, free-styling, improvising, DJing, producing beats, recording & performing. this will take place from August 22nd to 26th for ages 15 to 17, cost for all 5 days is 200$. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to register.
4. Grads who received an award, bursary or scholarship, congratulations! and please meet at 11:25 Today in the library for a photo as well as lunch thank you project, letter writing to thank your sponsor. Bring your letter of award, as well as any photos for personalized cards. Some food and supplies provided.
5. Just a reminder that this is the last week that the cafeteria will be open.
6. There will be a two day Standard First Aid course in Nelson on Monday and Tuesday, July 4 & 5. This Canadian Red Cross course is recognized across the country, includes CPR-C and certification is good for three years. The focus is on injury prevention and being prepared to act if something goes wrong. Cost is $175 and includes a full colour book and all materials. For more information or to register contact Darcey Lutz: email@example.com.
7. On Thursday June 16th the LVR theater department presents Antony and Cleopatra, the show they took to the Shakespeare festival in May. Admission is by donation, show begins at 8pm and is performed in the LVR courtyard.
8.Attention Aboriginal Education students: There are 2 more trips coming up for the end of the year. This week, there is a day trip planned to Cody Caves this Friday. If you are interested in going, please see Toni in room 200 by Wednesday afternoon.The other trip is for next Monday and Tuesday and is an overnight trip to Nakusp for National Aboriginal Day. The trip will include joining school district 10 in the celebrations, an overnight stay in the Tipis at Halcyon Hot Springs, including pool access, and a visit to the Nakusp Museum. Please see Toni as soon as possible if you are interested to pick up the paperwork. In both cases, you can also see Ms. McGregor in room 307.