Thursday, January 5th
Block rotation: 2211
1. Attention all Ab Ed students: There are 2 events coming up next week. On Monday, January 9th, there will be a field trip to the Salmo Creston pass to sit with the Bighorn Sheep. If you are interested in going, please see Toni by Friday of this week. you are also able to bring a friend who is not in the program if you wish to. Also, if there are students at the school who are not part of our Ab Ed program, but are interested in going, please see Toni in room 202 by Friday of this week. Also happening next week will be Pemmican making. This will be on Thursday, January 12th. Please see Toni in room 202 as soon as possible to sign up and get the paperwork.
2. Students in Ms. Terlingen's GT 12 class need to have their final work in by this Friday. Join in counselling on Thursday or Friday for one on one help or to review your folder.
3. Selkirk College is hosting a career fair for interested grade 11 & 12 students on January 13 from 9:45 to 1:30 at Mary hall. Lunch will be provided if you are interested please see a councilor to sign up.
4. The Sr. Boys Basketball team is hosting their annual tournament this weekend. The boys open up play on Fri. at 2:15 against Nakusp, then play Fri night at 6:30 against Kimberley and hopefully play #8 ranked Osoyoos on Saturday in the final at 4:00 pm.
5. The due date for sending grad baby photos has been changed to before spring break. Please send your baby photos to email@example.com
6. The medical practitioner will be changing her dates to every second Thursday this year. Her first day at LVR for 2017 will be on the 12th from 10:45 to 12:15. Please see Robin Sheppard in the counselling area if you'd like to book an appointment.
7. A reminder to baseball players: winter practices resume Sunday January 8th at 6:00pm in the LVR gym.
8. 6-8 Grads are needed this weekend to sort bottles at the bottle depot.
9. All GT students with mr. Machado who have not presented please meet today at 11:35am in room 200 to go over your requirements for completion. If Robin is helping you you go need to make this meeting.
10. Grads! It's time to book your Grad photo appointment for cap and gown. Bookings are made online on the LVR website under "GRAD Bulletin 'Grad Committee' Photos. Please book now as appointments will be filling up quickly. Photo dates run Feb 7th to Feb 10th. Elementary School group photo bookings have been done in advance, and will take place on the dates and times specified on the Grad Photo page.
11. Friday at lunch Freedom Quest will be happening in Room 205 at lunch with Mandy and Robin. All are welcome and lunch will be provided.