Wednesday, January 11th
Block rotation: 1122
1. Grads! It's time to book your Grad photo appointment for cap and gown. Bookings are made online on the LVR website under "GRAD Bulletin 'Grad Committee' Photos. Please book now as appointments will be filling up quickly. Photo dates run Feb 7th to Feb 10th. Elementary School group photo bookings have been done in advance, and will take place on the dates and times specified on the Grad Photo page.
2. Attention Archery club members: There will not be an archery session today after school due to the 2 basketball games.
3. GT 12 students with Ms. Terlingen who are presenting on January 17th make sure to attend one of the mandatory practice presentation seminars Thursday at lunch in room 205.
4. Attention Ab Ed students: If you are interested in learning to make pemmican tomorrow, please get the okay from your teachers and see Toni before school on Thursday morning to find out the schedule.
5. This Thursday at 7pm at the Nelson Library, there is a life skills workshop on FINANCIAL LITERACY - Come learn how to deal with your money! Free pizza, free workshop, no registration - just come! Any questions, email the Teen Librarian Melodie Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Reminder to International Students and all hockey fans: The Nelson Leafs play against the Kimberly Dynamiters tonight! Puck drops at 7:00.
7. The due date for sending grad baby photos has been changed to before spring break. Please send your baby photos to email@example.com.
8. The medical practitioner will be changing her dates to every second Thursday this year. Her first day at LVR for 2017 will be on the 12th from 10:45 to 12:15. Please see Robin Sheppard in the counselling area if you'd like to book an appointment.
9. There will be a SAGA meeting at lunch on Thursday, January 12 at lunch in the textiles room. All are welcome.
10.The LVR Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Jan meeting is Mon. Jan 16th 7pm at LVR
All LVR parents make up the PAC and all are invited to attend and put forward any agenda items. A monthly principal's report at PAC meetings highlights what is happening and being planned in the school. This Jan. meeting also includes some visioning around the LVR School Growth Plan.
If you would like to be on the PAC email list, have questions, or have agenda items please email firstname.lastname@example.org