Friday, May 6th
Block order: 4321
1. The LVR mountain bike team ride has been changed to Thursday at 5:00. Please meet in the mountain station parking lot at 5:00pm sharp!
2. Paddlers are needed to represent the Kootenays at the BC Summer Games for Canoe and Kayak in Abbotsford from July 21st to 24th. Athletes must be born from 2000 to 2004 to participate. For more information go to the Nelson Kayak & Canoe Club Sprint team facebook page.
3. The new Captain America Film is showing At the Civic Theatre this weekend. We have a pair of tickets to give away. Come to the office and tell us what the name of the film is.
4. Hey grads: The schedule for grad weekend is posted on the office counter. Please tell your parents this schedule will also be posted on the LVR website and to watch for updates! The website is your best source of info!
5. Come on out to the gala event tonight at 7:30pm showcasing the Greater Victoria Youth Orchestra and the LVR and Trafalgar bands. Experience Hungarian folk songs, sparkling orchestral gems and a new work and symphonic poem, commissioned by the Orchestra and composed by GVYO alumnus, Brandon Chow. The night will continue with the GVYO as they bring together Concert Band ensembles from, LV Rogers and Trafalgar in a moving mass orchestra with almost 200 youth making music together. Join us and both Deb Kozak, the Mayor of Nelson, and Michelle Mungall, MLA for Nelson-Creston who will kindly open the event. Proceeds from the concert go to raise funds for instrument upgrades for the Nelson band programs from Grades 6-12.
6. The Grad Class of 2016 is having their last grocery card fundraiser of the year right now. Every dollar you spend you get back in grocery cards, so it costs you nothing but raises a lot money! Please help us out and order grocery cards - we have them for Save-On-Foods, Safeway, and the Kootenay Co-op. You can download the order form from the LVR website, order from the students, or pick up a form in the LVR office.
7. Today the Nelson Youth Center will be hosting a skate board competition in honour of BC's youth week. It runs from 4:00 to 9:00pm and is open to anyone 12 and up! There will be food, a live DJ and dancing. This is a free event so come support your youth!
8. A week at the YES Camp is a summer experience like no other and have the adventure of a lifetime! See your counsellors for more information. if you are interested, fill out an application form by May 17th
9. Selfie challenge! Which grade will send the most selfies to the yearbook club? Don't let the other grades beat you - get your friends together and take some pics! Send them to email@example.com or to Ryan Cavicchi on Facebook.
10. Grads-please note that the 2016 Graduation Ceremony "Say Somethings" are now available online. Go to our LVR website under Grad Bulletin to find the online form. Say Somethings are what will be said about you as you cross the stage at the 2016 Commencement Ceremony. For more information, or to pick up a paper copy, see Ms. Malloff. Due date for Say Somethings is Friday, May 20th.
11. Come at lunch today and express your ideas of what wellness means to you. Community art mural in the multi-purpose room, after participating enter your name for this afternoon's draw prizes.