Friday, May 27th
Block order: 2143
1. The STORM is approaching! It is that time of year again where the rec leadership class challenges you and your friends to the ultimate team work challenge. Sign up with 6 of your friends to compete against your peers in a race that will test your group. There are prizes to be won!! Storm will be happening on Wednesday June 1st so sign up now on the trophy case. there is limited space and no drop-ins!
2. Attention all grads: if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let Lorie know in the office by next Friday, June 3rd. This list will be sent to the Prestige Inn and they can tailor the menu to be inclusive of these restrictions.
4. Spirit week continues this week with today being Rainbow day! Hopefully you're already wearing your best rainbow colours but if you're not you'd best go find some! There will be an obstacle course in the gym today at lunch with prizes for anyone who is dressed in rainbow and for all the winners!
And now a brief school spirit video for the event...
5. This week coming week at the civic theatre.
Hello, My Name is Doris showtimes
Fri. May 27 @ 7:00, Sat. May 28 @ 9:00,and Sun. May 29 @ 6:45
Sing Street show times
Fri. May 27 @ 9:00, Sat. May 28 @ 7:00, and Tues. May 31 @ 7:00
Our Last Tango show time
Sun. May 29 @ 4pm
Lucia Di Lammermoor show times
Wed. June 1 @ 7pm
and Miles Ahead showtimes
Mon. May 30 @ 7:30pm & Thurs. June 2 @ 7:30pm
6 . All students who worked with Tara Cunningham and Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazine are to meet in Ms. Kroker's room #309 at 11:35 today to get your photo taken
7. Our Boy's Rugby Team won the semi-final round and plays in the final on Saturday. It can be streamed live from the BC rugby website, GO BOMBERS!
8. If you are interested in joining a fundraiser to help the Malala fund come talk to Ms. Hewson or Andriana Bergman. The event is a walk, bike, run on May 28th. If you do not want to join the event you can still donate, 2 dollars goes a long way! All the funds will be going towards the Malala fund to educate girls in Pakistan.
9. The LVR Class of 2016 is building a time capsule that will be opened at a class reunion 10 or more years from now. Each grad is invited to contribute something that is meaningful to them - a photo, a story, or some small thing that is about living in Nelson in 2016 and will be fun to look back on years from now. Bring your contribution to the Prom - there will be tables set up in the hallway as you enter where we will display all the contributions. The contributions can be funny, but to be included they must be respectful and appropriate. You will not get your contribution back - the time capsule will be sealed at the end of grad and not opened for at least 10 years. We are also making a memory book. During the Prom, each grad can take a few minutes to complete a page that will be included in the book. The pages will be available at one of the tables in the hallway. At the end of the Prom, the memory book will be put into the time capsule. So start thinking of some really creative things to contribute to the time capsule!!
10. There will be a one day Emergency First Aid course customized for adventurous youth in Nelson on Monday, May 30 (Pro-D). This Canadian Red Cross course is recognized across the country and includes CPR-A, certification is good for three years. The focus is on injury prevention and being prepared to act if something goes wrong. Cost is $105 and includes a full colour book and all materials. For more information or to register contact Darcey Lutz at email@example.com for more info.
11. Last call for Yearbooks! Order your yearbook before May 31 - If you don't order one, you won't get one! See Lorie Buss in the office to order your book for only $40.
12. The medical professional will have the Wellness Clinic open on this coming Wednesday, June 1st from 10:45 -12:15. She is able to diagnose regular medical conditions, write or refill prescriptions, supply condoms and morning after pills, make referrals to specialists and provide mental health support. Please see Robin in the counselling area if you'd like to make an appointment.