Thursday, February 2nd
Block rotation: 3344
1. A reminder to all book club members, there is a meeting in the library today at lunch. New members are always welcome.
2. Grad grocery card fundraiser is on now. Order forms are available at the office, school webpage and Parent Facebook page. Deadline is Friday Feb. 17 by 3:30 pm.
3. Grads, your help is still needed for the Burger and Beverage night at Finley's on Sunday. Please sign up for a shift, earn GT hours and support YOUR grad activities. Please bring in your money from the sold burger and beverage tickets OR return any unsold tickets on Friday at lunch outside the multipurpose room.
4. Reminder to all students attending the volleyball trip Friday: The bus leaves at 12:00, meet outside the gym. Don't forget your volleyball gear; shoes, knee pads, etc. If you want an itinerary, there will be some available at the office at lunch.
5. Global perspectives and social justice students - Lisa McGeady with the Coldest Night of the Year initiative will be meeting with us at lunch tomorrow in room 102 to get us all set up for our community walk on Feb. 25th. Classroom location to be determined.
6. ATTENTION ALL GT 12 FRENCH IMMERSION STUDENTS: you must attend a meeting today at 11:30 in room 311
7. Rugby practices start next week. We are looking for new players at all grade levels for both girls and boys teams. You do not need any experience playing to join rugby this season. Junior boys and girls start on Wednesday, February 8th from 5:00 to 6:30. Practices will then be on Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 to 6:30 for the remainder of the season. Senior boys practices will be from 3:30 to 5. All practices will be in the LVR gym. See Mr. Joyce if you have any questions. Junior boys who start playing this season will be eligible to travel to Scotland and Ireland next year.
8. Any grade 9 or 10 student that is interested in a scholarship from the Boxing club that pays for membership for a whole year , pick up an application from the counselling area. Application is due in by Feb 15th. See Mr. Machado for details.
9. There will be a bake sale today at afternoon break outside the multipurpose room. Please come support the LVR girls soccer team and enjoy some delicious treats.
10. Auditions for this year’s Shakespeare festival play will take place from 3:30 to 5:00 tomorrow and are open to those in Grades 10-12. Audition sides and more information about the play can be found on the drama room bulletin board.
11. Any students that are interested in Italian cooking workshops please come to a meeting in the foods room at 11:40 on Friday or see Mr. Machado for sign up details.
12. For those of you who don't know LVR has two designated times for squash. No it's not a vegetable thing. It's a fast paced game played with racquets inside and it's open to everyone. Girls times are Mondays from 4 until 5 and boys Tuesdays from5:30 until 6:30. There is a pro on site for instruction and we are hoping to put a junior tournament together once we get enough committed quality players. There is already pretty good turnout but we are looking for more players. Come on down to the Nelson squash club on Baker street above the Royal. First time free. If you have any questions please come and see Mr. Liddell in room 300.