Wednesday, December 7th
Block rotation: 3344
1. All week candy grams will be for sale outside the multi-purpose room. They will be a 1.50 and all proceeds will go to the salvation army. Make sure to send your friends a candy cane!
2. All girls in grades 9-12 are invited to join us Friday, December 9th for an afternoon of making natural, handcrafted body lotion and lip-gloss. Meet us in room 201 (the Foods room) at 3:30. Cost is $5. Sign up outside the Foods room. We hope to see you then.
3. For any grade 9 students that missed their vaccinations on November 30th, the public health nurse will return at the end of January for a catch up round. Please submit consent forms to the office or book an appointment at the health unit at 250-505-7200.
4. Come on out to the Civic Theater on December 10th and watch Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. dress up as your favourite character and win some awesome prizes, all while supporting the UN Refugee Agency! Tickets are available in the LVR library as well as at Otter Books. 8$ for students and 10$ for adults.
5. LVR is looking for ten outgoing students from across grade levels to be a part of a Health Action Team. We will teach you how to address and prioritize an area of youth-health within our school this year. If you would like more information about the Health Action Team, you can see Mr. Konken in the office as well as attend The Youth Action Team meeting this Friday at Lunch in the Textiles Room. Join the team and you can make a difference in the health of our school.
6. Attention all students: Toni, who is in charge of our Aboriginal Education program here at LVR is inviting ALL students to the multi-purpose room on Thursday afternoon for making Xmas stockings. If you are interested, please see your Block 2 teacher for permission to attend. 11:30 start time.
7.The medical practitioner will be here on Wednesday, December 7th from 10:45 to 12:15. Please see Robin in the counselling area if you want to book a confidential appointment.
8. The Sr Boys Basketball team opened their season with a 74-64 win over Mt Sentinel. Leading scorers for the Bombers were Alan Jing with 24 points, Dylan Dixon with 15, Eamon Studer with 13 and Leo Weiss with 10. The Bombers play in a tournament at Mt Sentinel this weekend.
9. There will be a Yearbook meeting this Wednesday, from 3;30PM to 5;00PM. Everyone must show up for this meeting.
10. Grads: Please sign up for the Save on foods table GRAD FUNDRAISER which is this Sat Dec 10. The sign up sheet is on the Grad Bulletin board in the multi-purpose room. 1 hour shifts and 2 grads per shift. Yes this is Grad Trans applicable.
11. Reminder to Jazz Band members that there is a run through today at 11:45.
12. A note to all baseball players: Winter practice is cancelled this week and will resume January 8th.