Tuesday, April 4th
Block rotation: 4321
1. Kris Witt, from the Primary Perennials farm, is looking for young people who love plants to come help out from 4-6 on Saturdays and Sundays. There is a possibility of more work on weekdays in July and August. Prior garden experience is required. Contact Kris at 250-352-3317.
2. Grad Transitions French Immersion students, All students in this course must see Madame Robertson this week. Best times would be during morning flex on Wednesday or Thursday.
3. There is a dance workshop with the incredible Shay Keubler, happening this Thursday April 6th in the theatre from 12:25-1:30. This masterclass is sponsored by the Capitol theatre and is open to all dancers. If you are interested you must get a permission form from Ms. MacMillan and get it filled out. There are 20 spaces left! First come first served. This is a workshop not to be missed.
4. 3-D Printing at the Public library! All teens welcome to attend a demonstration. Thursday, April 6th, 3:30-4:30pm. No registration - just drop in. Free!
5. The Food Safe certificates are in. If you signed up for Food Safe with Ms. Nazaroff, please come and see her in the Cafeteria before 1:00pm to pick up your certificate.
6. Auditions for the Capitol Theatre's Summer Youth Program! are on Monday, April 10th. This summer's production is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Please contact Eva at the Capitol Box Office for more info or to book an audition time 250-352-6363.
7. The Rose Garden Summer Cafe, located in Lakeside Park, will be opening for the 2017 summer season in early May. They are looking for enthusiastic, honest, reliable, capable, and energetic employees who want to join their team! Please send your resume and cover letters to the email found on the website stating why you want to work at The Rose Garden Cafe, along with your experience and skill sets to: Rod and Jill Shouldice at email@example.com. Food safe is a requirement.
8. Italian food and friendship club starts up tomorrow after school in room 201 at3:15 pm sharp. You are cooking risotto, an Italian classic. Let Mr. Machado know if you can't make it.
9. Baseball players are reminded to ask their teachers to be excused at 11:15am today so that you may leave for your games in Grand Forks.
10. David Hatfield, a Vancouver based leadership consultant, who facilitates trans-formative experiential education, is working with schools in Nelson this first week of April
Tues April 4th session with David Hatfield at LVR:
Senior Boys' Rugby- Tues. April 4th afternoon blocks 2&1 at 12:30pm in the multipurpose room
LVR Boys' Leadership Group- Tues. April 4th 3:30 pm in the library
11. David Hatfield is offering a Parent Education Evening Tues April 4th 7 pm in the LVR drama room focused on raising adolescents today with strong healthy relationships among youth
12. Next LVR Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting is Tues April 11th 7 pm at LVR.
All parents are invited to attend and put forward any agenda items.
If you would like to be on the LVR PAC email list, have questions, or have agenda items please email firstname.lastname@example.org