Wednesday, April 26th
Block Rotation: 3344
1. There is going to be an epic clothing swap between mount sentinal and Lvr. drop any clothes you want to swap in the box outside the office. This a great way to clean out your closet and get some new clothes! stay posted to find out the day of the swap and make sure to come!
2. The L.V.R. girls soccer team had an excellent tournament this past weekend in victoria. Every game was won or lost within 1 goal! they won the first game against an undefeated team from Victoria, and the next game they defeated another tough team from Victoria. The girls lost the next 3 games by 1 goal. Shianne opened the tournament with our first goal, followed by a rocket from Laurel, which hit the post and was tapped in by Maya and Shianne who rushed the goalie. The final goal was scored by Riley. All players contributed to the success of the team and Laurel was awarded MVP of the tournament on the team. Next games see both the junior and senior teams taking on JL Crowe in Trail next Tuesday.
3. Attention members of the Archery Club. There will be a session this Friday, same time, same place.
4. The Rose Garden Summer Cafe, located in Lakeside Park, will be opening for the 2017 summer season in early May. They are looking for enthusiastic, honest, reliable, capable, and energetic employees who want to join their team! Please send your resume and cover letters stating why you want to work at The Rose Garden Cafe, along with your experience and skill sets to: Rod and Jill Shouldice at email@example.com. Food safe is a requirement.
5. Play It Again Kids is once again looking for a summer student to join them in their retail children's store. The position is Saturdays in June and full time for 35 hours a week over 8 weeks of the summer. The position is well suited for anyone considering a future working with children and who enjoy interacting with their parents. Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at 807 Baker Street.
6. The Grad class is having a bake sale on Saturday May 6th from 10am to 4pm. They are looking for people to drop off baking labelled "LVR Grad Bake Sale" in the staff room from May 1st to May 5th. They are also looking for people to help at the sale. For more information contact Jasmine or Kelsey.
7. Clean out your cupboards, and donate your shoes to Shoebox Canada. Boxes are in front of the office. Support this Rotary Interact program and donate your shoes to kids and adults in your community who are in desperate need of a pair of shoes. You can Donate shoes until April 30th.
8. Report Cards will be distributed on Friday in period 3 at 3 pm. They will also be sent home via email.
9. There will be an ICBC Roadsense Presentation 12:45 pm on Friday with paramedic Ted Swan in period 4. Grade 12 classes are encouraged to attend. teachers please let Ms. Malloff know if you're planning to bring your class by today.
10. Grads This is the LAST chance to pick up your passport to the Kootenays Coupon book. The Passports to the Kootenays coupon books will be available for pick up in the LVR school office only until friday. All remaining coupon books will be returned and NO refunds will be offered for books not claimed.
11. There will be a planning meeting at 11:40 today for the Rotary Interact to start planning for a Rotary Interact park and planning for May's bottle drive. See you in room 209. Everyone welcome. Reminder of the Celebration of youth night, on May 2, there will be tickets today to purchase.
12. Reminder to concert band students that you have a performance today. you are loading gear at 12, and you need to be in your performance attire. Also, there will be a final run through for the Whistler concert band today at 11:30.
13. Attention Aboriginal Education Students: On Friday, students from the Ab Ed program will join shop students for a BBQ at the shop. please see Toni to sign up and your teachers for permission.
14. It's that time of year again. The LV Rogers digital arts and applied skills showcase is approaching. The art selection committee will be meeting Wednesday this week to choose printed art to be framed. If you have anything you have not yet given to Jones you need to do so ASAP! More details about the Art show to come soon.
15. The Summer Film Camp returns to Nelson this summer with one and two week hands-on programs for youth ages 6 to 18 in July. New and experienced filmmakers learn the art and technology of making videos, from start to finish with the support of professional filmmakers. Participants create their own stories while working in teams behind and in front of the camera. Bursaries are available upon request.
16. Project Connect students, please remember to attend the lunch tomorrow.
17. Do you want your art or writing piece featured on LVTV? If so, contact us by email at LVTV@sd8.bc.ca or come by the media arts lab to discuss being featured.