Thursday, April 21st
Block order: 1122
1. Are you getting stressed out about getting your Grad volunteer hours? Rotary Interact has the solution come and help out at our bottle drive on April 23rd -10 -3 meet at the Nelson Bottle depot. There is a signup sheet at the office. For more info email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The yearbook club would like you to send us your best group selfies for the yearbook. Serious or silly, it's all good! Get your friends together and start posing! Email them to email@example.com or send them to Ryan Cavicchi on Facebook before April 23.
3. Are you interested in filming? If so then don't forget to sign up for the summer digital film camp at selkirk college. This is for youth ages 6 to 18 so if you have any siblings that may be interested let them know as well. For more info call 250-551-1711, If you want to register, head down to the kootenay school of the arts and register in person or by calling 250-352-2821.
4. Tomorrow from 2:00 to 8:00 the LVR Grad Class is having a Drive 4 UR School Event at Nelson Ford. Nelson Ford Sales is collaborating with LV Rogers Secondary to conduct a test-drive fundraising event. For every valid test-drive completed, Ford of Canada will donate $20. Please tell parents, grandparents and anyone else you may know. There can only be one person per household, so Pre-Registering is preferred, There is a link on the Facebook Page.
5. The Global Perspectives 11/12 class is hosting a climate change symposium for youth tomorrow. There is no charge to attend and it is open to all grades. This will be a full-day event that includes multiple talks and two workshop sessions. The speakers are professionals in climate change and sustainability and one of the keynote speakers attended the Paris Climate Change Conference alongside Justin Trudeau. For more information or to sign up for the event, please see Ms. Martin in the library by Today.
6. The Rose Garden Summer Cafe, located in Lakeside Park, will be opening for the season in early May. They are now looking for enthusiastic, honest, reliable, capable, and energetic employees who want to join their team! Please send your resume and cover letters stating why you want to work at The Rose Garden Cafe, along with your experience and skill sets to: Rod and Jill Shouldice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Food safe is an asset.
7. Grads: if you have applied for a district dogwood scholarship and would like to practice for next week's presentation, the counsellors are offering a coaching session today afterschool in the library from 3:30 to 4:15.
8. Interested in attending Selkirk College or already signed up? Come meet Selkirk College counselor Robin Higgins, on Thursday next week at LVR, sign up for half hour appointments to select your courses in the counselling area.
9. the BC forest fire fighters are doing another signup at 11:35 today outside the multipurpose room for their presentastion next thursday.