Tuesday, April 18th
Block rotation: 3412
1. Mr. Bullen would like to remind all students travelling to Whistler that gift card orders must be turned in at the office no later than today. Also, ticket money and unsold tickets for Jazz Night at Finley's should be given to Mr. Bullen asap.
2. All AP 12 students: Please note that the time for your mock exam has been changed from Sunday, April 30th in the morning to Sunday, April 30th at 6pm. If this change makes it impossible for you to attend, please contact Ms. Kroker asap. Don't forget, writing the mock exam is a requirement for the course.
3. On Tuesday at five, several students are putting on a presentation to the school board regarding the possibility of running a second atlas program. If you'd like to help out at all, or be there to contribute in some way, please be at the school board office at quarter to five. If you have any questions contact Liam Jones or Ruby Nixon.
4. Poetry Workshop at the Nelson public Library on Thursday, April 20th from 3:30 to 5pm. Taught by special guest author Jordan Mounteer! Free, no registration required.
5. Canadian Parents for French is pleased to be bringing award winning French language film, Madame Lazure to the Civic theater this Wednesday April 19 2017,at 7PM. This event is FREE and part of the National Canadian Film Day 150 (NCFD 150) celebrations! For more information, see the Civic Theatre website.
6. Attention all Grads: The committee sign-up sheets posted in the multipurpose are for you to get involved in PLANNING only. You are not expected to do any work or set up on grad weekend.
7. Tomorrow night at 7pm at Trafalgar The Mask You Live In will be showing for any sd8 students and teachers.
8. Reminder to the Whistler Concert Band that there is a rehearsal today at 11:45.
9. Marine Biology club see Mr. McComb today for grocery gift card forms.
10 The baseball team won 2 lost 2 over the weekend to run their record of 6 wins and 6 losses. The team plays again this weekend in Grand Forks. BASEBALL PLAYERS ARE ASKED TO MEET WITH MR. MACE IN THE GYM AT 11:40 TODAY FOR A VERY SHORT BUT IMPORTANT MEETING.
11. Attention All Rugby players: You must pick up teacher permission forms, extracurricular forms and Rugby Fest information sheets today from Mr. Joyce's desk in the Art room.
12. Can Evan Forst and Sarah Passutti see Ms. Jones today at morning break in the media arts lab.
13. Grads please check the website for new grad information.
14. This Thursday save on and kootenay co op gift cards will be for sale at school for the new grad fundraiser. The table will be set up outside the multi purpose room and cards will be available there. Bring money and get a card, no wait. Hope to see a lot of you there!